• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Desperation

What do you think of this idea?

• Great Idea!

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No... Just no....

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Interesting thought indeed. I'll actually bring this up to the rest of the devs and Chad.
How would this work? I mean then it wouldn't be vanilla anymore. The plugin/mod would have to read what is in your inventory and give you the certain item you want when you open it.

But nvm what i said above. Maybe a super rare place where it has 3 buttons and one of labeled ''stone sword'' another gold armor (legs) and the last food (2 mushroom stews) and it only has 1 of the items in it :)

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Completely possible. If your hunger is (for example) 5/20 (20 is the actual max, thus the half steps on the hunger bar), it could give food. If you have no armor/weapon, and it's say 10-20 minutes into the game, it could give the armor or weapon, etc. etc.
Mother of god, Sub O.O

You're amazing.

How would this work? I mean then it wouldn't be vanilla anymore. The plugin/mod would have to read what is in your inventory and give you the certain item you want when you open it.
Survival Games isn't vanilla XD

The servers use a custom plugin already, this would just be adding to it.

Edit:
and it's say 10-20 minutes into the game, it could give the armor or weapon, etc. etc.
From a recorder's standpoint, games usually only last 10-15 minutes (with exceptions on some very large maps), so restricting access to weapons/armor until that time would make them almost useless.

TomoHD

Survivor
Reaction score
Even though I like this idea I bet some people will find away to boost with it.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Even though I like this idea I bet some people will find away to boost with it.
Don't see how it could be boosted, since it could only happen once per game, and it would give low tier gear so boosting it wouldn't benefit you.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score

But nvm what i said above. Maybe a super rare place where it has 3 buttons and one of labeled ''stone sword'' another gold armor (legs) and the last food (2 mushroom stews) and it only has 1 of the items in it :)
Technically speaking, the plugin already knows what you have in your inventory. It knows where you are. It knows who you are. It's watching you.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
I was playing survival games earlier, and I had no weapon. I was thinking to myself. "Man, I really hate it when I have no weapon or no food, etc." So I have this idea where it is an entire new tier of chest. It is a chest that is really rare, except when you open it, it gives you what you need most. Say you have no armor but you have a weapon and food. The chest would contain mediocre armor. Say you had armor, food, but no weapons. It would contain something like a stone sword. Say you had weapons and armor, but you were starving. It would contain some food. Post below what you think or vote in the poll.
But if you are really desperate for a weapon there isnt much point in these chests being rare because they might end up being so rare it might get too difficult to find them. Great Idea though :)

Technically speaking, the plugin already knows what you have in your inventory. It knows where you are. It knows who you are. It's watching you.
undefined

Reaction score
I like it! So I take it this chests contents would be based on your current inventory, hunger stats, armor stats? With that info, the plugin could weigh the stats against eachother, and choose which one you need most.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci