• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Deletion of Stats

Should you be able to delete your own stats?

• Total voters

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
Good boy :p

I kinda like having a bad win loss tbh, a ton of players I've fought from other regions consider me a total noob and underestimate me, then I have the glory of killing a professional player who underrated me :p
Everyone is intitled to they're own opinion except the stats - they're limiting a lot of my friends from joining clans and it makes them sad ;-;

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I get asked this one a lot, actually. Having people alter their stats or have it transferred from one account to another is a pretty common request.

And it is possible, but it is far more difficult than people realize. The way our system saves and stores account information is purposely difficult so that accurate stats are displayed without the risk of having an outside party (e.g. a player desperate for good stats) being able to compromise it. Furthermore, no Moderators, Sr. Moderators, or Admins would be able to do it, as only the Developers who are physically present at our server boxes could begin the process. It is a lot of hassle for what amounts to little reward, but that's how our system works for good reason.

That doesn't even mention the potential abuse. MCSG draws some naturally competitive people, and I know that those said people will be looking for ways to make themselves appear their sharpest; the OP here outright admits that the reason they came up with the idea is to wipe away their records so that they can appear better to a clan. I've seen it happen quite often in other competitive games like CS:S, SC2, TF2, TFC (back when it was considered competitive), and seemingly every version of CoD. Whether they leave the server before their team loses a round, quit every time they die (so it doesn't register against them), or flagging the other team as hackers so the defeat is nullified, people will exploit flexibilities in the system to maintain that perfect W/L or K/D ratio that shows that they're so 1337. It's the photoshop airbrushing of someone's personal statistics: it looks really good, but it's based on deception.

This wouldn't be a problem if it wouldn't require so much developer effort and attention (which are better focused elsewhere), and if it didn't naturally bring about a function which would naturally encourage stat-inflating, unsportsmanlike conduct, and unrepresentative data for competitive-appearance purposes. For those reasons, I don't think stat-changing will be possible anytime soon. If you're unhappy with your current stats, they are a good motivator to go out there and win some more.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
I get asked this one a lot, actually. Having people alter their stats or have it transferred from one account to another is a pretty common request.

And it is possible, but it is far more difficult than people realize. The way our system saves and stores account information is purposely difficult so that accurate stats are displayed without the risk of having an outside party (e.g. a player desperate for good stats) being able to compromise it. Furthermore, no Moderators, Sr. Moderators, or Admins would be able to do it, as only the Developers who are physically present at our server boxes could begin the process. It is a lot of hassle for what amounts to little reward, but that's how our system works for good reason.

That doesn't even mention the potential abuse. MCSG draws some naturally competitive people, and I know that those said people will be looking for ways to make themselves appear their sharpest; the OP here outright admits that the reason they came up with the idea is to wipe away their records so that they can appear better to a clan. I've seen it happen quite often in other competitive games like CS:S, SC2, TF2, TFC (back when it was considered competitive), and seemingly every version of CoD. Whether they leave the server before their team loses a round, quit every time they die (so it doesn't register against them), or flagging the other team as hackers so the defeat is nullified, people will exploit flexibilities in the system to maintain that perfect W/L or K/D ratio that shows that they're so 1337. It's the photoshop airbrushing of someone's personal statistics: it looks really good, but it's based on deception.

This wouldn't be a problem if it wouldn't require so much developer effort and attention (which are better focused elsewhere), and if it didn't naturally bring about a function which would naturally encourage stat-inflating, unsportsmanlike conduct, and unrepresentative data for competitive-appearance purposes. For those reasons, I don't think stat-changing will be possible anytime soon. If you're unhappy with your current stats, they are a good motivator to go out there and win some more.
It's not just 'better stats' they literally can not join clans because their stats are so bad. My friends have over 200, 300 wins but they have played 2000 games so no decent clans will accept them. 3 of them are in the top 1000 yet still they cannot get in any clans because of their stats! Pretty unfair if you ask me :(

cscoop

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not just 'better stats' they literally can not join clans because their stats are so bad. My friends have over 200, 300 wins but they have played 2000 games so no decent clans will accept them. 3 of them are in the top 1000 yet still they cannot get in any clans because of their stats! Pretty unfair if you ask me :(
On an unrelated note, If a clan is judging you on your W/L ratio and not your actual skill, they are probably not worth your time. But back on the topic.. Many people buy new accounts to have reset stats on mcsg and other servers and make their stats better. I've done this myself. When I hit the big 1000 in wins, I felt like there wasn't anything to strive for. Playing on my alternate account makes me focus and work harder for the win. It also makes me think more critically, when on my main account I sorta just YOLOd everything.. xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci