• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

DECISION TIME: The Consequences of the Yes Vote.

Is this a valid thread?

• Yes

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Can we not turn this into a damn presidential election and let people vote on their own terms?

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
For fairness' sake, someone should make a, "Decision Time: The Consequences of a No Vote" thread with an opposing view.
I'd honestly enjoy that as well. Quite frankly the "yes" side of the argument isn't bringing up very valid points, and I'd love to counter-argue someone if they actually could.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
k

What a fabulous argument Ceroria, why not? I'll go ahead and answer that for you buddy. People work hard for their wins, it doesn't matter if they're rank one or 8000, they still put a lot of time and effort for them. Don't use the legacy argument, because no one will care about that. Nobody is going to go on the legacy leaderboard to see how someone used to be. In fact the only people who will get noticed are the front page, which will happen how often, twice? Once someone views the legacy front page they'll never have to view it again, it isn't going to change.

You say that people will have to no life to get to the top of the leaderboard, yet you think it'll change when it resets? Why does someone who hasn't worked hard at all deserve to have a better shot than someone who's worked hard for two years. What about two years from now , will the people then deserve a better shot? I know if they reset I would stop playing, why work hard if stats are just going to be erased.

So there you go pal, that's "Why not".
Okay, that's a valid reason. I mean, I never said I was for it, I just provided a substantial argument (in my eyes) in favor of the global stat reset. I honestly would be happier if they weren't reset but I would find almost equal pleasure in them being reset. Yes, the new leaderboard will most certainly encourage some sort of cheating, everything new does but we will be on top of our game as staff to try to get rid of the hackers/boosters/glitch abusers early on to make it more fair. My opinion is that while I'd rather see the leaderboards remain the same and just see monthly/weekly/daily leaderboards released I am willing to be open minded and embrace change.

Don't get all barky at staff for never making changes and then dismiss our proposals for change, just to go back to barking at us cause you'll be chasing your own tails.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
we will be on top of our game as staff to try to get rid of the hackers/boosters/glitch abusers early on to make it more fair
It won't be enough. It isn't enough now, it definitely won't be enough then.
Don't get all barky at staff for never making changes and then dismiss our proposals for change, just to go back to barking at us cause you'll be chasing your own tails
Please don't mix sides within the community, we are not those who don't want change, but this isn't the right way to do it.

S

Sepyz

Yeah, I don't see any consequences, to be honest.
Basically the only people who dislike this new change are the highly ranked players who fear losing their highly ranked position.
According to the official thread, posted by the MCSG higher-ups, the old statistics will stay. Wouldn't that keep the highly-ranked players happy?

The reason they're still pissed off even the Legacy Leaderboards - where all of their hard work was permanently stored, although it means that nothing changes, those old leaderboards would be rendered pointless by several members of the community. The newer, more frequently updated leaderboards would be everyone's main priority, as the Legacy Leaderboards would only host memories.

As Gears mentioned, there is no need to fix something that is not broken. Although he may be correct as of now, the never-changing leaderboards will only continue to worsen. After only two years, the leading amount of wins has exceeded 4000. Imagine what the leaderboards will look like if the same trend continues - there will never be any change.

The joys of the leaderboard update is the fact that, as far as we can tell, there will be no end. Two years of data archived? No problem. After two years, we will see similar statistics, and they will only continue to grow. On top of that, we'll be seeing daily, weekly, monthly, yearly (etc) leaderboards, only adding reason for people to actually play the game competitively.

My main account has roughly 500 wins. It's honestly not that many, but I can definitely let go for the greater good of the community. With the merging of the AntVenom Network, the new players need a chance to make themselves known. They most likely had leaderboards as well, and had players at the top. It honestly just wouldn't be fair to not give them a chance.

Teku3O

Career
Reaction score
Lol, I honestly want the stats reset.
Firstly, due to some of my friends returning (they said they'll return to MCSG if the stats got reset)
And also, ratio reset? :D

Frazzel

Experienced
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see any consequences, to be honest.
Basically the only people who dislike this new change are the highly ranked players who fear losing their highly ranked position.
According to the official thread, posted by the MCSG higher-ups, the old statistics will stay. Wouldn't that keep the highly-ranked players happy?

The reason they're still pissed off even the Legacy Leaderboards - where all of their hard work was permanently stored, although it means that nothing changes, those old leaderboards would be rendered pointless by several members of the community. The newer, more frequently updated leaderboards would be everyone's main priority, as the Legacy Leaderboards would only host memories.

As Gears mentioned, there is no need to fix something that is not broken. Although he may be correct as of now, the never-changing leaderboards will only continue to worsen. After only two years, the leading amount of wins has exceeded 4000. Imagine what the leaderboards will look like if the same trend continues - there will never be any change.

The joys of the leaderboard update is the fact that, as far as we can tell, there will be no end. Two years of data archived? No problem. After two years, we will see similar statistics, and they will only continue to grow. On top of that, we'll be seeing daily, weekly, monthly, yearly (etc) leaderboards, only adding reason for people to actually play the game competitively.

My main account has roughly 500 wins. It's honestly not that many, but I can definitely let go for the greater good of the community. With the merging of the AntVenom Network, the new players need a chance to make themselves known. They most likely had leaderboards as well, and had players at the top. It honestly just wouldn't be fair to not give them a chance.
Can you not see how unfair and selfish that is tho, I have given example of a lot of the top who made their way from no one and frankly why should they have their time wasted for people who are to lazy to achieve great feats themselves...

S

Sepyz

Can you not see how unfair and selfish that is tho, I have given example of a lot of the top who made their way from no one and frankly why should they have their time wasted for people who are to lazy to achieve great feats themselves...
It's quite selfish for practically only the top players to want to continue to use stagnant leaderboards, actually.
They don't want to give regulars a chance to surpass them in rank.

RelentlessForce

Diamond
Reaction score
It's quite selfish for practically only the top players to want to continue to use stagnant leaderboards, actually.
They don't want to give regulars a chance to surpass them in rank.
To be fair.. the "top" players did put in the hard work and dedication to get up there..

KrypticBlade

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci