• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Debates on teamspeak

Do you think there should be debates on teamspeak?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No(why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to see this, I do notice one reason why the staff might turn this idea down:
Many of the debate participants would be non-staff, and they most likely wouldn't have all of the information needed in order to make a completely accurate point, particularly when it comes to controversial issues that involve the staff team, the server plugins, rule violations, etc.

Also, would there be a system in place for people to choose which side they get to be on? There are both pros and cons to having or not having one.
There are many topics that would need regular tributes opinions and people would be able to bring up things that many people might not have thought of, even the staff. The staff would be able to choose the topics or they would be voted on. I am guessing people would have to sign up for the debates and choose their side. Even though people might not have all the info they would still be able to make valid points to issues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's already the community focus group thing that happens every now and then where people put their questions in a GoogleDoc and the mods answer them, no matter how long or complicated the question is. It's pretty nice ^.^

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's already the community focus group thing that happens every now and then where people put their questions in a GoogleDoc and the mods answer them, no matter how long or complicated the question is. It's pretty nice ^.^
Ive been to the community focus group and that is nothing like a debate. A debate would be very different.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to see this, I do notice one reason why the staff might turn this idea down:
Many of the debate participants would be non-staff, and they most likely wouldn't have all of the information needed in order to make a completely accurate point, particularly when it comes to controversial issues that involve the staff team, the server plugins, rule violations, etc.

Also, would there be a system in place for people to choose which side they get to be on? There are both pros and cons to having or not having one.
Actually, that reason could be pretty good, however there is quite a wide range of staff members, I'm pretty sure that maybe a couple can participate in the debate and be the information provider for the team as well, also I think this is a good opportunity to see what the community thinks of certain situations in a more formal manner, and showing our opinions to that specific topic, so it could actually help out reaching to a conclusion upon staff members and the community together as well. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci