• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Death Messages

Should the old death messages be brought back?

• Total voters
V

VoxiFyr3

So a while back MCSG updated to "A cannon was heard in the distance" for a death message. I personally miss the "{Player} died." Does anyone else agree? I mean it's easier to see who has died insted of using tab 24/7. Could a staff member tell me why they changed it?

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
In the actual hunger games you didn't know who died. I'm fine with it this way

Aracnophobia

Career
Reaction score
This doesn't necessarily bother me, because you can find out who died by pressing tab anyway. It wouldn't bother me if it were to be added either for the same reason. Unfortunately, I can't give you an exact reason to why it was removed from the game, but it does make the game feel a bit more like the real hunger games.

EDIT: Moved to Feature Suggestions

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the cannon ball message more personally, not to forget that it's based of the books.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
Actually, the current message used is the original message used when people died. They changed it to what you call the "old" message ages ago, but changed it back due to popular demand and the fact that it gives a more "survival" feel.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I prefer the cannon message :p But I guess I don't really mind either way.

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's honestly not that big of a deal. I prefer the cannon message, but I wouldn't even blink if it was changed. Doesn't really matter does it?

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
In the actual hunger games you didn't know who died. I'm fine with it this way
WRONG!!! YOU DO KNOW WHO DIES WHEN SOMEONE DIES A BIG PICTURE OF THEM IS DISPLAYED ON THE TOP OF THE DOME AND IT ALSO SHOWSTHEIR DISTRICT AND STUFF GET IT RIGHT. Sorry I had to

Redwash11

Platinum
Reaction score
I liked the >player name< died messages and wish they would be brought back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci