• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Customizable Name-Tags?

Reaction score
Hey I'm Status and thanks for taking the time to read this suggestion! c:

So I have been thinking about this idea for awile now. As you can see we all have are own "Stats card" or "Name-tag" or whatever you would like to call it. That look like this:

As you can see its not that appealing. It has you're skin (Wich I think should stay there) a grey bar with a black backround with the regular MCGamer logo. Now I know that it changes on what donor/sponsor you have etc. But all & all there the same thing.

Now if you play COD (Call of Duty) you know you can costomize your own name-tag to you're own liking with the massive amout of presets givin to you you are able to costumize it to basiclly what ever you want. As it adds abit of you in it. Like this:

Here I have costumized my name-tag in COD to what I personally like or belive in, in real life to what maybe my favorite perk is in the game. Now this can go in much more then just that to maybe adding flags of all the regions to show where you're from and proud of it! Or to puns or little sayings Like this:

Here you have a "Noob Tuber" title. Like say I was a good bower on MCSG It could say "Bow Spammed" or if I want a Flint and Steel one it can say something like "Burn Baby!" etc. Also for funnier ones you can put like "Rekt" or "eZ" or something like that. ;p Also we can have like flags to show where you are from or have a random one for fun!

Now donors/sponsors always need there privileges. If you are a donor/sponor you can have more options of costumizing you're tag. The better donor you have the more/better stuff you get like maybe motion/spining things or even 3D stuff.

Also if this get's into MCGamer and is a hit maybe we can make it when you kill someone there name tag pops up somewhere on the screen or something.

This is just a idea if you have any suggestions or tips make sure to let me know. I feel as if im forgeting something so if I remember what it is ill make sure to edit this! Thanks for reading! c;

It is a cool idea, but I personally don't like it as it would start lots of flame wars and fights; for example even if you got killed by someone with a stone sword off spawn and it said 'Rekt' or 'eZ' wouldn't that be infuriating as it wasn't fair, I think its cool but would only add to already increasing amount of abuse in MCSG.
Don't take offense, its just my point of view.

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
It is a cool idea, but I personally don't like it as it would start lots of flame wars and fights; for example even if you got killed by someone with a stone sword off spawn and it said 'Rekt' or 'eZ' wouldn't that be infuriating as it wasn't fair, I think its cool but would only add to already increasing amount of abuse in MCSG.
Don't take offense, its just my point of view.
That's why they should set it so you can't put stuff like that :D

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
I personally like this idea but our graphics artist FinsGraphics does not play here much anymore because he got very popular on youtube and that has become his main focus. We will be getting a new leaderboards and stat system sometime soon. I'm not sure how much I can tell you but they will be an improvement on what we have now.

C0nsole

Diamond
Reaction score
Seems like a great idea! However, don't know that this would realistically be implemented, seeing as these nametags aren't too much of a big deal to most players on MCSG, and it's likely more work than it's worth. We can hope, though!

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I've seen something very similar to this implemented by Raven in Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Though that game was coded primarily in C++, players could change the color of their name or chat font in general by putting a ^ followed with no spaces by any number 1-7. The color coding was as follows: 1 for red, 2 for green, 3 for yellow, 4 for blue, 5 for cyan, 6 for purple, 7 for white, and 0 for black). There were also ways to make ASCII characters appear before and after a person's name as solid blocks of color, but this is probably asking a little much of Java.

I don't think MCGamer can do anything about this as if you want to change the appearance of others' nametags, you have to edit the corresponding image in your resourcepack. There are some modified MC clients that make name tags insanely large (against the rules) or shaderpacks that make them stand out like sore thumbs in dark caves, but other than that, this is a clientside modification and nothing that can be done from MCG's perspective than I know of.

I like your creativity though! :)

FinsGraphics

Survivor
Reaction score
I personally like this idea but our graphics artist FinsGraphics does not play here much anymore because he got very popular on youtube and that has become his main focus. We will be getting a new leaderboards and stat system sometime soon. I'm not sure how much I can tell you but they will be an improvement on what we have now.
What!? I play on MCSG like everyday! lol well not every day but almost! I have over 500 wins, and upload a Survival Games on my channel every Monday Wednesday and Friday! Anywho, Maybe I can't do whatever it is, but ask first and see! maybe I can :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci