• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Complaint] Too many threads get locked! RIDICULOUS!

Should the thread lock rule "No room for discussion" be removed?

• YES!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No :l

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

evan99m

Spectator
Reaction score
Have you guys seen how many threads get locked on this forum? I look in the discussions section, and guess what? 90 freaking percent of the topics are locked. This is ridiculous! This leaves no space for conversation. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on this forum we can discuss because of all the threads that get locked. I'm going to set up a poll. ADMINS AND MODS DO NOT VOTE! I will be posting the ACTUAL results every few minutes because I know mods and admins will vote no anyway.

~evan99m

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Yep, my thread got locked because a moderator is mad and assumes I'm talking badly about moderators. Kind of annoyed that's the reason he closed it. Note the word assumes. Because I usually back mods up.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Yep, my thread got locked because a moderator is mad and assumes I'm talking badly about moderators. Kind of annoyed that's the reason he closed it. Note the word assumes. Because I usually back mods up.
Or it could be that the staff team is tired of the same question being asked repeatedly.
"Can we just fix the hacker problem?" or "There are tooooo many hackers! Plz get rid of them!"

I actually did some background research on your posts, and I found that the reason why your thread was locked was indeed because it was extremely repetitive. In fact, before you go out calling out the staff for assuming you are talking bad about mods, read the last sentence:

I'm sorry to hear that this is impacting your time here, it really is a problem and it's such an annoying thing to run into a hacker, trust me I know. Have a nice day :)
He also states that the reason the thread was locked was not because he assumes you are talking bad about moderators. If you read closely, he clearly states that:

Seeing as there are too many threads about hackers and the fact that apparently the staff does nothing to stop hackers (*cough* Operation Cleansweep *cough*), this will be locked because it is repetitive.
Yes, he does bring up the general opinion that 'the staff do nothing to stop hackers'; however, he might not have been talking to you about it - looking at the other posts, there are plenty of people talking badly about the staff team.

To top it off, the reason he directly states for the lock is because the general idea of the thread is repetitive. If you can't agree on that, then I really can't help you considering on how true a fact it really is.

This was a very big problem back in July, that there was actually a thread made to try to stop people from making the repetitive threads: www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/to-all-hacker-related-complaints.116193/

Now to get to you, Evan...
Have you guys seen how many threads get locked on this forum? I look in the discussions section, and guess what? 90 freaking percent of the topics are locked. This is ridiculous! This leaves no space for conversation. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on this forum we can discuss because of all the threads that get locked. I'm going to set up a poll. ADMINS AND MODS DO NOT VOTE! I will be posting the ACTUAL results every few minutes because I know mods and admins will vote no anyway.

~evan99m
To start, you were complaining back in July about modified PvP, you tried to tell other players to download hacks since apparently 'they won't be stopped', AND you've been complaining about staff members ever since you've been here. Guess what? All the opinions you had formed were proven wrong! In fact, I'll prove this thread wrong, too.

First off, this thread is in the completely wrong place. If you are going to make a complaint, at least make it in the right section. This is for SG Classic Discussions; a thread like this either belongs in the Community Corner or the normal Survival Games Discussions.

Moving on. I just took a look at the SG Discussions section. Looking through the first 3 pages of threads, I found that 21 threads were locked out of 64 total threads. That's nowhere near 90% - in fact, it's only a little less than 33%.

Taking a look at the threads that were locked,
  • 12 were locked for the question being answered/being in the wrong section. If a thread is supposed to be in the General Support section (In other words, it is asking a question to receive an answer) and the thread gets answered, of course it will get locked for being answered...
  • 5 were locked for the OP breaking the rules of the forums. You aren't allowed to dispute your bans publicly or sell anything over the MCGamer platforms, so of course the thread will get locked.
  • 2 were locked because a thread that covers the same topic already exists - we don't need duplicate and repetitive threads.
  • 1 was locked due to the request of the thread OP - duh.
  • Lastly, 1 was locked due to the resolution of the problem.
Out of 21 threads that were locked, I just covered all 21. Not one thread was locked for no good reason. 66% of threads still remain open - more than enough space to hold conversations.

I couldn't tell if you were talking about this for the SG Discussions section or the SG Classic Discussions section, so I'll do the same thing for the latter.

Taking a look through the first 3 pages of the SG Classic Discussions section, there actually are a lot more threads locked than the other section I went through. Looking through the first 3 pages, 43 threads out of 60 threads were locked. That's not yet 90%, but it is a good 70%. Let's see why these threads were locked:

• 14 were locked for the question being answered/being in the wrong section. If a thread is supposed to be in the General Support section (In other words, it is asking a question to receive an answer) and the thread gets answered, of course it will get locked for being answered...
    • 16 were locked for the OP breaking the rules of the forums. You aren't allowed to dispute your bans publicly or sell anything over the MCGamer platforms, so of course the thread will get locked.
    • 3 were locked because a thread that covers the same topic already exists - we don't need duplicate and repetitive threads.
    • 5 were locked due to the request of the thread OP - duh.
    • Lastly, 5 were locked due to the resolution of the problem.
Out of 43 threads that were locked, I just covered all 43. Not one thread was locked for no good reason.

Saying that there is absolutely nothing that can be discussed due to the locking of a lot of threads is completely wrong. These threads are locked for reasons. If they weren't locked, they'd just sit there taking up space. Saying that it leaves no space for conversation is also incorrect: in these threads, there really is no space for any more conversation anyway, that's why they got locked!

Instead of complaining about occurrences that help the community be a better place, I suggest that you come up with reasonable solutions to your "problems" and present them. After all, a complaint thread is only a complaint thread...

I'm not asking for a lock because I want to see your responses - there actually is room for discussion here.

McOrange

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Or it could be that the staff team is tired of the same question being asked repeatedly.
"Can we just fix the hacker problem?" or "There are tooooo many hackers! Plz get rid of them!"

I actually did some background research on your posts, and I found that the reason why your thread was locked was indeed because it was extremely repetitive. In fact, before you go out calling out the staff for assuming you are talking bad about mods, read the last sentence:

He also states that the reason the thread was locked was not because he assumes you are talking bad about moderators. If you read closely, he clearly states that:

Yes, he does bring up the general opinion that 'the staff do nothing to stop hackers'; however, he might not have been talking to you about it - looking at the other posts, there are plenty of people talking badly about the staff team.

To top it off, the reason he directly states for the lock is because the general idea of the thread is repetitive. If you can't agree on that, then I really can't help you considering on how true a fact it really is.

This was a very big problem back in July, that there was actually a thread made to try to stop people from making the repetitive threads: www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/to-all-hacker-related-complaints.116193/

To start, you were complaining back in July about modified PvP, you tried to tell other players to download hacks since apparently 'they won't be stopped', AND you've been complaining about staff members ever since you've been here. Guess what? All the opinions you had formed were proven wrong! In fact, I'll prove this thread wrong, too.

First off, this thread is in the completely wrong place. If you are going to make a complaint, at least make it in the right section. This is for SG Classic Discussions; a thread like this either belongs in the Community Corner or the normal Survival Games Discussions.

Moving on. I just took a look at the SG Discussions section. Looking through the first 3 pages of threads, I found that 21 threads were locked out of 64 total threads. That's nowhere near 90% - in fact, it's only a little less than 33%.

• 12 were locked for the question being answered/being in the wrong section. If a thread is supposed to be in the General Support section (In other words, it is asking a question to receive an answer) and the thread gets answered, of course it will get locked for being answered...
  • 5 were locked for the OP breaking the rules of the forums. You aren't allowed to dispute your bans publicly or sell anything over the MCGamer platforms, so of course the thread will get locked.
  • 2 were locked because a thread that covers the same topic already exists - we don't need duplicate and repetitive threads.
Out of 21 threads that were locked, I just covered all 21. Not one thread was locked for no good reason. 66% of threads still remain open - more than enough space to hold conversations.

I couldn't tell if you were talking about this for the SG Discussions section or the SG Classic Discussions section, so I'll do the same thing for the latter.

Taking a look through the first 3 pages of the SG Classic Discussions section, there actually are a lot more threads locked than the other section I went through. Looking through the first 3 pages, 43 threads out of 60 threads were locked. That's not yet 90%, but it is a good 70%. Let's see why these threads were locked:

• 14 were locked for the question being answered/being in the wrong section. If a thread is supposed to be in the General Support section (In other words, it is asking a question to receive an answer) and the thread gets answered, of course it will get locked for being answered...
    • 16 were locked for the OP breaking the rules of the forums. You aren't allowed to dispute your bans publicly or sell anything over the MCGamer platforms, so of course the thread will get locked.
    • 3 were locked because a thread that covers the same topic already exists - we don't need duplicate and repetitive threads.
Out of 43 threads that were locked, I just covered all 43. Not one thread was locked for no good reason.

Saying that there is absolutely nothing that can be discussed due to the locking of a lot of threads is completely wrong. These threads are locked for reasons. If they weren't locked, they'd just sit there taking up space. Saying that it leaves no space for conversation is also incorrect: in these threads, there really is no space for any more conversation anyway, that's why they got locked!

Instead of complaining about occurrences that help the community be a better place, I suggest that you come up with reasonable solutions to your "problems" and present them. After all, a complaint thread is only a complaint thread...

I'm not asking for a lock because I want to see your responses - there actually is room for discussion here.
You're a great mod and I hope you know that!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score

I think it's safe to say the OP just got stemrolled.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Moderators tend to have good reasons to lock the threads, they don't generally go around and just lock whatever thread they like. Moderators have to make sure that the specific thread has been resolved, or deemed unnecessary. And it is a little coincidental that a majority of the threads are locked, especially in the community corner, the community corner is the most popular known area for a lot of forums community members, from what I can see. And so, a lot of staff moderate that area regularly, and it does seem recognizable to them to know when it is vital to lock a thread. So there shouldn't be too much worry, and sometimes, moderators lock threads because it would have been repeated from previous threads, so it is deemed unnecessary to have more of them. :)

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score

Yep but the purpose of my post was basically saying how can you even think of resetting everyone's stats during the current hacker situation and it wasn't just that mod I was referring to. Look at ChargedPvP if you ask me his response was rude and just assumed I talked bad about him when in fact I didn't because I barely ever blame the mods except for one incident a while ago.

Nice response doe.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
There are many reasons for a thread getting locked, Most likely Flame, Necro, or many other things that make it become locked, Don't worry if it isn't your thread than you shouldn't care.

Reaction score

evan99m , kid, you just got owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci