• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

COMPETITION: Design a status signature and win DONOR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolhascall

Spectator
Reaction score
Not bad, but the text seems blured, maybe you should save it as PNG.

Also (@all) didn't recieve feedback for my work yet D:
What do you say; What could be improved?
ok I will do that in a bit. Thank you for the feed back! :D

NeatNit

Tribute
Reaction score
I can't see the attachments (probably due to the recent server move) but I can tell you what I think of the ones I CAN see from this post.

The good: I love the idea of giving the player armor based on the donor level. The pin is also a nice touch, but a bit too big. (Also Vioxtar intentionally made that one too shiny and eye-catching, something I don't think you want. Perhaps you can ask him for the original simple version?)

Now here are some things you need to think about:
The text is horrible and unreadable. Text should have its own dedicated background and should have some space - you can't just slap it on a picture. Take note from the winners so far. The text is the main point of this and therefore should be the first thing you take into consideration, not the last.
The image of your Minecraft face is very blurry and fuzzy. Is this intentional or some upscaling mishap? You should pay more attention. Either way it will not appear blurry in a final version.
The background, while it looks pretty awesome, I can't quite figure out what it is. Is it some part of the maps? It almost looks like the center/spawn area but yet it doesn't...
Steve. He looks pretty cool out there, but perhaps it's not the best idea to have the default skin appear in the image and the user's MC face as well. I actually haven't decided if I like this.

coolhascall

Spectator
Reaction score
I can't see the attachments (probably due to the recent server move) but I can tell you what I think of the ones I CAN see from this post.

The good: I love the idea of giving the player armor based on the donor level. The pin is also a nice touch, but a bit too big. (Also Vioxtar intentionally made that one too shiny and eye-catching, something I don't think you want. Perhaps you can ask him for the original simple version?)

Now here are some things you need to think about:
The text is horrible and unreadable. Text should have its own dedicated background and should have some space - you can't just slap it on a picture. Take note from the winners so far. The text is the main point of this and therefore should be the first thing you take into consideration, not the last.
The image of your Minecraft face is very blurry and fuzzy. Is this intentional or some upscaling mishap? You should pay more attention. Either way it will not appear blurry in a final version.
The background, while it looks pretty awesome, I can't quite figure out what it is. Is it some part of the maps? It almost looks like the center/spawn area but yet it doesn't...
Steve. He looks pretty cool out there, but perhaps it's not the best idea to have the default skin appear in the image and the user's MC face as well. I actually haven't decided if I like this.
I like the advice. I will do what I can to make it better. And about my face it is just because I can't make my face any better, yeah.

coolhascall

Spectator
Reaction score
I am just saying something. But I felt way more confident this morning. :mad:

NeatNit

Tribute
Reaction score
Didn't mean to discourage, I just want to help you get the best possible result! :)

coolhascall

Spectator
Reaction score
I have a better version for the second time. ;)
Normal player:
Normal US.jpg

Normal US blank.jpg

Iron player:
Iron US.jpg

Iron US blank.jpg

Gold player:
Gold US.jpg

Gold US blank.jpg

Diamond player:
Diamond US.jpg

Diamond US blank.jpg

YAY! I am please how these turned out! I will make it smaller to fit requirements, but what do you guys think?!

coolhascall

Spectator
Reaction score
Here are a smaller version of what is above. This may not be significantly smaller but it is smaller.
Normal player:
Normal US small.jpg

Normal US blank small.jpg

Iron player:
Iron US small.jpg

Iron US blank small.jpg

Gold player:
Gold US small.jpg

Gold US blank small.jpg

Diamond player:
Diamond US small.jpg

Diamond US blank small.jpg