• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community poll request *Some cool things*

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay so I was playing and I am really pleased with the new community polls and I thought : "what could make MCSG better?"

REDUCE FOOD IN CHESTS : Theres too much food in chests. Like. Waaay too much. They should change it back to the old chest setup as the new one just increases the need for pvp over survival.

ADD BACK ANIMALS SO THEY SPAWN NATURALLY : They should add back animals so they spawn naturally ( moonbase 9 would be an exception to this). I remember back in beta I often used to run out of food and had to hunt for mobs otherwise I would just starve to death. Nowadays food is everywhere , so this sorta comes with the REDUCE FOOD IN CHESTS suggestion.

THIRST BAR IN MCSG (like in DayZ): This is one noobs would complain about , as it reduces their chances of winning but I guess it's worth a vote. This would mean that empty bottles would need to spawn in chests and you would need to fill them with water yourself. The thirst bar itself would be the number above the xp bar starting from 20 and going down to zero at a fairly slow rate (maybe you would need to drink every 10 minutes) when you drink it would fill back up to 20. Once this runs out you start taking damage (the same as when you starve to death) and could be a real game changer for those who forget to drink.

I will probably update this post whenever I think of something new so please check back here regularly.
I really hope these could get a poll because I feel they would make the game based more around survival again.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Thirst, no it will confuse players - especially uninformed ones.

With the food yeah it should be reduced, and as far as I'm concerned passive mobs do spawn, atleast I've seen some on maps such as SG1.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
With thirst, how would you get XP to enchant? And as Shaun said it confuses uninformed people.

But I agree with the other stuff.

KiNNEY

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I do not like the thirst idea.
But less food in chests and mobs to hunt need to come back, I loved that feeling when you don't even know if you'll get to refill or not, starving to death. This increases the survival rate of MCSG not just PVP skill.

Leo_Brito

Spectator
Reaction score
dont add mobs instead add angry dogs that attack during night, or a single mob for each arena! :D

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG should stay as close to vanilla Minecraft as possible, adding thing like thirst overcomplicates it.
However I completely agree with you on the mobs and food side of things.

Reaction score
I started waaaaay back in October...I remember running around desperate for a pig or cow so I wouldn't starve :D

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
REDUCE FOOD IN CHESTS : Theres too much food in chests. Like. Waaay too much. They should change it back to the old chest setup as the new one just increases the need for pvp over survival.
ChadTheDJ I heard rumors about MCSGv1 chests and chest contents coming back after the 1.6 bugs are fixed, is this true? ( I would be insanely happy if it was)
Yes it's true.
Well we can cross one thing off this list xD

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm cool with all of that, except the thirst. I hated that feature on DayZ and I would hate it here.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The monsters where a fun part ingame, where you could wait with attacking the team at corn, when they where busy fighting off creepers etc. The water bar would be fun. But it would be a pain in the ass for newcomers, gotta say no to that. And just to save some more of the survival aspect. I'd say, reduce food.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci