• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunsIt

Tribute
Reaction score
Expect them hackers to give you a bad record on the new leaderboards too, because they haven't gone.
yeah i was just talking about that with my clan. NOW there would be more hackers, more tryhards, more teams, more booster. I REVOKE MY VOTE

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Considering I quit and would love to keep the spot I have on the saved leaderboards I vote yes :D

RushSquash

Platinum
Reaction score
I voted yes.

Here's my reason behind it:
I personally think this would be a sort of stimulant to the community. It would encourage players to be at the top, and people would most definitely play more. For me, at least, I honestly couldn't care less about my ratio or the amount of wins I have, because I know that I would have to no-life MCSG to be at the top of the leaderboards. Regardless of whether or not I try, I'm not the best PvP'er anyway. The stat reset would motivate me to at least have a decent ratio, or at least something better than what I have now. I would have no intention on trying to be high up on the leaderboards, but at least I would care about losing.

Now, there are so many great pvp'ers who are relatively new to the community, and they can't make it to the top of the leaderboards, because, well, like the thread says, the leaderboards are almost two years old. It's almost impossible for new players to make it to the top 1000, much less the top 100, and that's where people want to be. I think that this will also change the perspective of PvP, and this will give the community another PvP'er to look up to as their "role-model" I guess you could say.

If you're pouting because you don't want to lose your amazing stats, it's really not that bad. You can just add your current wins to your old wins if you're that upset. That's kind of the reason why the old stats will still exist, for reference.

I just think MCSG needs something new, and a stat reset seems like a good idea to me.

zCrits_

Career
Reaction score
I really don't care because I'm not even that high in the leaderboards. And also If I get a free stat reset means I can go for a god ratio and sell it for lots of $.

_SWF

Survivor
Reaction score
Please explain how this a win win for the current people who are high on the leaderboards, including myself. I'm rank #20 and I'd be gutted to see my stats reset, legacy leaderboard or not. I would most likely quit, because for all you know, another 2 years down the line, they'll do it again.

We haven't tried hard just for it to get reset. By all means, make a new leaderboard which starts new but do not stop the current ones, that'd be ridiculous in my opinion and a bad mistake.
Okay, just re-reading the poll. I thought that they were making two separate leaderboards. (One that updates your old stats and the other one that goes towards your new stats). Thanks for opening my eyes. @_@

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Do you know how bad that looks on you when you charge so many people for a stats reset, then immediately go and reset the entire leaderboards? It isn't hard to go upon the leaderboards, spellcaster24 hasn't played in a long time and he's still on the front page. Meanwhile he's already at 1100 wins on his new account. People need to realize that most of the people up high on the leaderboards barely play anymore. If you can't go up on the leaderboards, don't blame the other players, blame yourself and improve.

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly no, reason being is that if you want a stat reset just but one or wait for the discount because if this happens Gravey4rd will be quite upset.

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
I vote yes - my only problem is my concern for those who purchased stat resets. It renders their purchase pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci