• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't believe the leaderboards should be reset w/ a legacy one in plays. What Mr_Gears said was basically what I was going to say. When I joined in about September 2012 I didn't imagine I'd get to where I was. I slowly made my way into the top 100 Au players, 50 wins at the time, joined what was the best Au clan and eventually managed to become #1 in Au and about 10th in the world or so some time last year. I didn't think I'd ever reach something like that, but after a lot of hard work and a long time spent doing it I managed to succeed. Eventually, however, I lost interest and went very inactive; people overtook me and I fell further and further behind. Players can look at the current top 10 or so and think they can never compete, but with enough time the 'best players' will lose interest, and with enough time those new players can become the new top 10. If new players intend to rise up on the leaderboards they should have to put in as much time and dedication as those before them - if they're truly up for it and are good enough they'll make it. If anything this seems like an excuse for players that aren't very good to get some kind of glory for themselves. After the introduction of clans, MCSG got increasingly competetive - as a result, a lot more drama ensued. Clans have been blacklisted, players have been blacklisted, players have been permanently banned. I don't think an 'up' in the level of competetiveness is necessary, nor beneficial. The legacy leaderboards feel like a way for people who have worked hard to feel less disappointed - they'll barely mean anything to anyone within a few months of new leaderboards. Finally, what of the people that have bought a stats reset? I'm aware many have done this - do their wins prior to their reset go to the legacy leaderboards? What of the money then - do they get some refund each? A reward such as donor? What if they already have Plat, for example? I just see a lot of complications and unfairness with a stat reset, even with 'Legacy Leaderboards'.
With every day that goes by, it becomes harder and further for new players to get to the top of the leaderboards. This is something that will never change. If we do this 1 reset, give it a year or so and people will want another reset and be complaining about the same things.

Thats why I asked if it were possible to keep the old leaderboards updating, but also have a seperate leaderboards where everyone starts at 0.

BrandonStorm1

Diamond
Reaction score
I honestly would have to say no. You would lose a ton of players who have worked extremely hard for their stats and are in the top 100, as If I were Gravey4rd, I would just quit If I were him, and also the amount of hackers right now is like ZOMG... the thing is a hacker could be top of the leaderboard, and that would be annoying, also I just bought a stat reset, so that would've been a waste of my money... :/, but a good idea would be weekly/monthly/yearly leaderboards would be good :).

-BrandonStorm1

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
I've voted No, but hardly. The main reason I've voted no is because, I think it would make a lot of people quit, with how hard they worked for their stats, make the purchase of stats reset pointless, making mcsg loose money, and increase the amount of boosters/hackers as they would want to get an early start on the leaderboards.

62cook

Survivor
Reaction score
I spent over a year getting these wins and ratio so...
tem plz I fna

supertroll22

Spectator
Reaction score
no stat reset.
reason = simple, very many players work very hard 4 good stats and now mcsg ruin it!??!?!?!?!
Gravey4rd

wtf mcsg u gona loos ppl if u do this.....................

bye,
supertroll22

ps sorry 4 grammar mistakes i italian

Th1NgY | Will

Quantum
Reaction score
Having a stats reset will just demoralise people. I have been playing mcsg for 2 years non stop and have tried really hard to get to where I am. People once really high will feel as if they aren't anyone anymore and in so may leave the community. This will lead to many awesome people leaving and also a lot of the servers donations. People like gravey4rd and darkrai202 have spent a lot of time trying to be at the top and in one click of a button for no good reason, two years of work will be at waste. These leaderboards have been going non stop for 2 years, why stop now?

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I've spend over a months worth of hours playing for my rank, and a reset won't only destroy that for me and other players, but it'll also make boosters the highest ranked player in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci