• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ephiza

Um not that many people are just gonna switch servers. If you like a server, you play it. They like the server they are on, new stats isn't just gonna make them leave their community. All 3 servers are very different, new stats isn't just gonna make people from hive or multi cube come play. And do you really think any of them know about this? Because I highly doubt people from hive look at the mcsg forums
More people will only come if they are fanboys of SamHaribo and SuchSpeed cx

antonio4k

Tribute
Reaction score
I voted with yes. I want more competitive and its not right for new players

Eqro

Tribute
Reaction score
I personally feel that a stats reset would be good, as it will make the server more competitive and will be a lot more fun as everyone will have a chance of going first. However, I do feel that more people will be inclined to hack because as you know it is very hard killing hackers and they will want to come first too, and wining games is obviously easier when hacking. So there are up's and down's but with the great staff team that MCSG has, a stats reset is in my favour!

iFanyo

Survivor
Reaction score
just sayin but if the stats did reset I can guarantee a lot of old players would come back and play, also making it a lot more competitive.

FarVexel

Experienced
Reaction score
600 wins and a 1/4 ratio in less than a year.... and its going to be gone
good job mcsg ;-;

Erik2910

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't play MCSG, but it's fun to see what going on here.
I've seen some people argue against a leaderboard reset that their hard work would be a waste.
I disagree with that because if you have fun playing sg on this server and enjoy it a lot, then you're not wasting any time.
The server can reset your stats, but that doesn't mean they can reset your PvP skills or the way others think about you as a PvPer.

Araxed

Platinum
Reaction score
I've seen some people argue against a leaderboard reset that their hard work would be a waste.
I disagree with that because if you have fun playing sg on this server and enjoy it a lot, then you're not wasting any time.
The server can reset your stats, but that doesn't mean they can reset your PvP skills or the way others think about you as a PvPer.
Ok, from past experience top tier players are playing more for wins than to have fun but they may of just been me, but you're telling me 5 weeks and 2.7k being took away and not able to grow anymore is not a waste of time?

Also I don't see any very good speeches about why they should vote yes, compared tot he amount writing essays on why they shouldn't.

Erik2910

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok, from past experience top tier players are playing more for wins than to have fun but they may of just been me, but you're telling me 5 weeks and 2.7k being took away and not able to grow anymore is not a waste of time?

Also I don't see any very good speeches about why they should vote yes, compared tot he amount writing essays on why they shouldn't.
I understand that people have put a lot of effort into getting high on the leaderboard, but I don't think the current leaderboard is any good.
The amount of wins is the only easy way to see the highest ranked players while W/L ratio, the amount of chests opened in a round, total kills in a round etc. would be tidious to find.
The new leaderboard might make it easier to find the best players in every aspect of the game if they implement a sorting system that can list players after the category you choose.
I would like to see things as biggest streak of the week, best K/D ratio last 100 games etc.
If the top tier players want to be recognized as a good PvPer they can start doing youtube and show how good they actually are which is a better indicator then just their stats.

On the new leaderboard I think people should be arranged after their PvP the last months and the way this can work is to arrange players after their W/L watio the last 1000 games. I really hope they will make the all time leaderboard like this and not add people to it until they have played 1000 games.
It's more impressive to win for example 1013/1835 then winning 1499/3024.
This would benefit people like Huahwi and Lovelights who have very good ratio on the current leaderboard.

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score
I voted with yes. I want more competitive and its not right for new players
It's not right? We all had to go through it.. It shouldn't be my issue how much new players may have to work to get a good rank. It wasn't anybody else's issue when I was new.

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score
How about you become apart of our community first before voicing your idiotic opinion

Araxed

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not right? We all had to go through it.. It shouldn't be my issue how much new players may have to work to get a good rank. It wasn't anybody else's issue when I was new.
I think people who want it just have bad wins with a bad ratio and an't be bothered to buy a stats reset. As I stated before the top end is still gonna be the good players who don't quit and still have lots of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci