• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community going in wrong direction.

Is the Community going in a wrong direction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Everytime i join a game there is 3 kinds of people the ones like "Max team?" and there are some like "hacker you have over 4k points!" and the last ones "max ban this kid please"

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Uhh, damn. I was thinking too hastily and chose 'No'. My opinion is 'Yes' just to let you know.
And, omg, thanks for the mention.

First point, the proof themselves in reports can be very misleading. You're not hacking but the proof shows it.
One time, a *cough* ex-friend *cough* of mine suspected me of hacking because when charging a bow on someone, I quickly changed my target. I wasn't and you can blame my sense of awareness. He did all kind of tests on me and it ended up that I wasn't.
Conclusion, you can't trust even the video proof at times.

About the community, yes, again.

chrisinden

Spectator
Reaction score
Well, it is going down hill. This is a thing that cannot simply be stopped. We could crack down on players, like a 3 secant cool down from talking. More mods, with the power to mute and kick. It would take time, adding mods would be dangerous, and it will probably not happen. Its the only way, and just deal with it for now :/

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
This is just the result of a community that got bigger, and thats not something bad.... You can NEVER expect a community which has grown bigger not to get people like this.... The truth is.... that, as many have said here already, we've just got to live with them because theres never gonna exist a community without annoying/a****les in it.
We should not let them ruin us the amazing expirience of being part of this comunity :)

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
The issue is most people playing are immature kids about 8-12 years old who aren't grown up enough to handle losing things like this without having a temper tantrum. They are also impatient like the people who spam "when will the game start?". My point is, kids will be kids and there is nothing we can do but be stricter about the rules. Maybe the servers could have a mute command for mods and admins to mute rude players who are having tantrums.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm bad about hackusations, but Im getting better by on death I say "Darn, I was close. GG though!" and in my head I'm going -censored for reasons that were also censored- but in-game Im becoming a very respected person.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But yes the community is becoming terribly competitive instead of fun with friends. I've noticed this even with pros in the servers (Not naming anyone) when they only care about wins and popularity. Actual cool people (Like Zeno, G33ke, Megan, a couple others) are playing for fun and FRIENDLY competitive discussions, they are eager to make friends and make the community better. Mods also do a great job at this, I respect them for that. Only problem of the community is that people are quitting constantly, sometimes coming back.... But not a lot. So I support a new rule of being a good sport over this, I respect others' opinions. So thank you for reading my point of view over this.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am playing for fun too. But what you need to know is: This thread is making it WORSE. People who didn't know it begin to think about it, and begin to stop playing because it will make it boring for them. People wanna play on a server who things like this is not happening. But these threads make them know it, when they did not know it.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
Survival games needs to be competitive because that's why people play it. If someone is being a sore loser and they start accusing and cursing, just press f1 (this may be only for macs) and you won't be able to see the chat anymore. If someone is raging in chat just ignore them and keep having fun! It's their loss, not yours. Don't let them make it your loss too.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Survival games needs to be competitive because that's why people play it. If someone is being a sore loser and they start accusing and cursing, just press f1 (this may be only for macs) and you won't be able to see the chat anymore. If someone is raging in chat just ignore them and keep having fun! It's their loss, not yours. Don't let them make it your loss too.
You can also turn off messages in the chat, so the only messages you get are from the server.

But really, if somebody is calling you a hacker - who cares? If you don't hack, you have nothing to worry about. You should just take it as a compliment. If they say they have proof, tell them to file an abuse report. Just don't go flaming them over it, as it just gives them something to feed on, and they end up provoking you more, to get you banned for abusive language.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But the competitivity needs to be a little more... Freindly. People start flame wars over losing or clans break up and stuff. We're all supposed to be friends here, but some people ruin that. We need a rule to stop flame wars in chat so the servers can be good again.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There should be an option to vote to kick somebody....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci