• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Events Community Games 8 (Suggestions Thread)

Would you like to see Community Games applications back, or have the event be open.

• I'd like to see people have to apply for the games.

• I'd like to keep it open for anyone

• People should have to at least RSVP for the event beforehand.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, the Community Games was revamped by a few people, including myself, to restore the once loved community event that was originally a staff vs. community war-like game. Seeing as this is a community event, we decide it'd be best to see what you, the community would like to see for our next event. Keep in mind that this will have to be an organized thought, and possible within the reaches of the Survival Games. These events turn up about 40-50 people usually, depending on the size limit of the event.

To the winners of the previous games, your medals are on their way. I have sent the list of your forum accounts to Cam, and once he has the time they will be delivered :)

Just post your ideas here! If you were to attend the next games, what type of game would you like to see?

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The winners weren't just one winner correct? They were usually a team? So will all of us get a medal?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd say teams of 3 with one of the twists below:
  • one of your teammates can only use the sword, one can use only secondaries, and one can use both
  • you cannot give teammates items
  • you must swap an item for an item with teammates
  • you cannot burn items in a fire, so you must find other ways to discard it (works best on maps without a lot of lava or void)

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be in Community Games 8, but I wouldn't mind doing another staff vs players 12v12 or 24v24. Played in three of those as a non-staff member and we almost always beat the staff. Wouldn't mind trying to fix that. :p

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The winners weren't just one winner correct? They were usually a team? So will all of us get a medal?
Correct. Last games it was teams of 2, and we played three rounds because we had time. So if one person wins, him and his teammate are awarded the medal, and then for three rounds, it's six medals :D

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to my first Community Games :) I was able to participate in the latest Games, but unfortunately it was cancelled :(

I think that it would be nice when people have to apply for the Games. Simply because people know what they can expect. Will you be spectator or player? You won't be disappointed on the last moment then.

Tawxical

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes please! I remember participating in like 1 community games event where I got destroyed right at the beginning but that's besides the point. I would love for this to be brought back.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I'd love to see another Staff vs. Community game. That was the first Community Games I played. Ahh, the memories. :')

Ex0dUs101

Career
Reaction score
I'd say teams of 3 with one of the twists below:
  • one of your teammates can only use the sword, one can use only secondaries, and one can use both
  • you cannot give teammates items
  • you must swap an item for an item with teammates
  • you cannot burn items in a fire, so you must find other ways to discard it (works best on maps without a lot of lava or void)
This seems like a cool idea, but will be difficult as hell to regulate and control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci