• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Events

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Let me get this out if the way at the beginning. Community events are so very fun, but a terrible sign for the community.

This is a quick thing where I talk about these events. I'll give a positive and a negative and get right on out of here.

Positive: Community events are a whole lot of fun in general. A bunch of people get together and have a semi competitive event against each other. It's a great idea, and has been pulled off phenomenally (Hell Games). You get to meet new people and sometimes play in a whole new type of gamemode. It's fresh and fun, and I would love them... BUT...

Negative: It is pretty much all staff vs community events at this point. The Hell Games were so good because it was a random selection, not taking rank into account. However, now staff and community have to be separated. I thought staff was always saying they're part if the community too? If that's the case, why isn't it platinum donors vs iron? It's a bad sign because of the growing bridge between staff and community that this is what it takes to bring us back together.

I know I always say this, but why not make a terrible mobile thread?
/discuss

Reactions:

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean with staff vs community? The only event I can name that is staff vs community is Community Games: Two teams of 12. One Staff team vs one community members team.
Most events are a free-for-all so its not necessarily staff vs community.

Now I can agree with you that all these "Community" events have a lot if not more staff members than community members. That mostly has to do that barely anyone shows up.

I help host the Gamemode spotlight. The past couple weeks the staff that was supposed to be spectating in Gamemaster to see if everyone is following the rules, had to play since there weren't enough players otherwise. :(

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Negative: It is pretty much all staff vs community events at this point. The Hell Games were so good because it was a random selection, not taking rank into account. However, now staff and community have to be separated. I thought staff was always saying they're part if the community too? If that's the case, why isn't it platinum donors vs iron? It's a bad sign because of the growing bridge between staff and community that this is what it takes to bring us back together.
There was a movement started by Dave and I a couple months ago trying to restart hell games but I didn't have the time and we were having a hard time getting everyone in contact so it didn't go anywhere.

I'm still up for it though :)

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean with staff vs community? The only event I can name that is staff vs community is Community Games: Two teams of 12. One Staff team vs one community members team.
Most events are a free-for-all so its not necessarily staff vs community.

Now I can agree with you that all these "Community" events have a lot if not more staff members than community members. That mostly has to do that barely anyone shows up.

I help host the Gamemode spotlight. The past couple weeks the staff that was supposed to be spectating in Gamemaster to see if everyone is following the rules, had to play since there weren't enough players otherwise. :(
What I mean is I find a lot of the time it's 12 staff members and 12 non staff picked for the event. They shouldn't be separated. All the names should go into the same pot.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think there are a lot of events that are Staff VS Community, but I do agree that there needs to be a mix up. Hell Games would bring a lot of happiness back to the older-sided community because they would remember it and no doubt apply to take part in the event.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
What I mean is I find a lot of the time it's 12 staff members and 12 non staff picked for the event. They shouldn't be separated. All the names should go into the same pot.
Could you maybe name an event where that happened?

Anyway, like I said that has to do with not many signing up or applying.
Yesterday the teams for the Presidential Games were posted. We didn't have a lot of submissions, so we asked some of our friends (most of them are staff members) to apply to fill in all the spots

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm confused on what you mean.

Are you implying that there should be no "staff" or "community" specific events, and just have one event classification which would be, I dunno, event? :p

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I'm confused on what you mean.

Are you implying that there should be no "staff" or "community" specific events, and just have one event classification which would be, I dunno, event? :p
This is what I'm saying. You're bit considering yourself the community. It should be a community event, and no "staff" or "nonstaff" specific events.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
This is what I'm saying. You're bit considering yourself the community. It should be a community event, and no "staff" or "nonstaff" specific events.
I agree. We need general events, not singling out staff or community.

William

District 13
Reaction score
I think bringing back HellGames would be awesome. Still thinking of the time when I was in Hell Games 6 which was a blast. Hope other new members can experience this fun as well!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci