• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Common Courtesy.

Lemonade?

• I prefer a healthy dose of carrot juice.

• I like to detach my foot for skiing purposes on occasion.

• I have a total of 7 windows in my room, not including my washing machine.

Results are only viewable after voting.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Ooh. Arial. Fancy.

Hi, I'm 4non.
You may remember me as...

• The guy who flamed, was banned, and complained about it.
  • The guy who made an entire 17 minute long video bashing a server network.
  • The guy who told others to grow up and go outside, yet I still whined about losing.

I understand that I'm a hypocrite by writing this thread, but I thought I could attempt to make this network a better place.

If there's something that not only the MCSG community lacks, but the entire PvP community as a whole lacks, it's common courtesy. Respect. Name it as you will, it's all the same thing.

There's some simple solutions to this, but I'd like you all to seriously, actually consider applying these to your everyday life.

(Also, I'm well aware that several similar threads exist. Don't crucify me.)

Solution #1 - Don't be a Feminine Hygene Product.
It's simple. Don't be that guy.
Don't. Just please don't.
(Image has some colorful langage. Namely French. Be warned.)
I understand that you're angry that some random ruined your ratio/elo, but that doesn't mean you have to yell at him. Realistically, what does that solve?
Here's the positives and negatives of being rude in gaming:
Pros:

• It makes you feel like you're a cool tough guy!!
Cons:
  • It makes you appear to be a sweaty, greasy tryhard.
  • It makes you seem like a generally unappealing person.
  • It makes them feel bad.
  • It makes you feel bad.
  • Children starve because of you. Stop it.
It brings everyone down, plus it's punishable in most scenarios. Please, just don't be that guy.
Attempt to be respectful to everyone, whether you win or lose. Try to avoid saying "gg" or "gf" when you win, as it may make some people angry.

Solution #2 - Don't feed the trolls.
Okay, you're not going to be that guy. Great. Now, what do you do in the case of encountering the guy?
My advice is to simply ignore them.
Fighting back simply causes more unnecessary drama, and makes everything worse for either end.
Trying to change their point of view simply makes them even more angry.
Let's be honest, this never happens...

Them: "YOU ARE SUCK NOOB HANG YOU'RE SELF"
You: "Calm down dude, let's just forget about it. It's just a game."
Them: "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I GRADUATED IN THE TO-"

Yeah.

Solution #3 - Be nice.
If you're already not being a Feminine Hygene Product and not feeding the trolls, you're already effectively being a kind person.
Try to lighten the mood and make others feel better when they're around you. It may prevent them from becoming the issue, which as we all know, spreads like wildfire.

This solution, as with the others, apply to general life as well. Be the better person and try to improve the world. People are rotten, and there's no fixing them by playing along with their games.

Yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:

M

Experienced
Reaction score
you are making this thread because of LEGOS in a VIDEO GAME??????? pathetic.

Reaction score
you are making this thread because of LEGOS in a VIDEO GAME??????? pathetic.
For some people it's more than a lego game (for me its a block game come on bruh) and 4non doesn't make the thread because of the game but the community.

Dude u should see my IRL legos rank
i once made a lego without the manual. goml

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
It's weird to think how salty people can get over a game like this, but it is what it is :p

Hopefully people will just realize that being nice is so much more fun than being mean and then everyone can be nice and give compliments to eachother and yea.
(but lets be real here that probably wont happen ever)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
First of all, Allen, I actually and literally love you. I never understood why people act so different online especially. All of this cheating, trash talking, harassment, there's more poor sportsmanship in online games than in real sports!

So much drama happens in the Minecraft scene, especially in the PvP community that's truly unnecessary.

If only threads like this were promoted by large Youtubers...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci