• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Censoring "gtfo"

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey!

I have seen the term "gtfo" be used many times, and it becomes abusive. I propose we censor the term like we do other curse/swear/bad words. This would hopefully mean less hurt feelings and overall a more clean community.

Pros:
-no avoiding the swear filter
-less people getting angry
Cons:
-it would still appear as something like "#@%!"

What do you think?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think its a good idea, just like they have to censor eZ... :p
The argument with "eZ" is that technically it's not swearing, therefore it would be harder to get that "law" passed. I support banning those kinds of words, but first we need to take out the most logical ones to ban.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think its a good idea, just like they have to censor eZ... :p
Problems withe censoring "eZ"

1. What about words with 'ez' in them? They would come out censored, like the word "reputation" does due to the fact that there is a Spanish curse word in it.
2. eZ in itself is not necessarily a thing that should be bannable for something as serious as abuse. It's a whole nother story if the person says something like "ez gg10 get rekt u suk", but just "ez" in itself is different.

Overall, I think that it's dumb and pointless to say "ez" in chat, but it'll only cause other problems :p

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Problems withe censoring "eZ"

1. What about words with 'ez' in them? They would come out censored, like the word "reputation" does due to the fact that there is a Spanish curse word in it.
2. eZ in itself is not necessarily a thing that should be bannable for something as serious as abuse. It's a whole nother story if the person says something like "ez gg10 get rekt u suk", but just "ez" in itself is different.

Overall, I think that it's dumb and pointless to say "ez" in chat, but it'll only cause other problems :p
no-no. No more arguments about "ez"

I'm already bored of those. lol.

Oh, um. Well, you see. GTFO is just slang. It's just casual. You can take it disrespectfully or not, but its just something casual. It's not like anyone needs to amend for saying "GTFO" and a ban is certainly not a way of amending anything.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh, um. Well, you see. GTFO is just slang. It's just casual. You can take it disrespectfully or not, but its just something casual. It's not like anyone needs to amend for saying "GTFO" and a ban is certainly not a way of amending anything.
Sure, it's slang, but due to the fact that it contains a curse word, it should not be allowed on MCGamer. Same with "stfu."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci