• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Can't Resolve Hostname" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrewCraft

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello MCSG,

My friend is trying to get into MCSG servers, but it says "Can't Resolve Hostname". My other friends can get in, but that certain player can't get in. PLEASE HELP!

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i dont have hamachi, but i still get the same problem

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Hey! If you guys are having the unknown host issue, and you are sure that you have the IP typed in 100% correct, you may be having local DNS issues.

Follow this guide: https://store.opendns.com/setup/

Disclaimer: Minecraft Survival Games claims no responsibilities to third party materials, following the guide means that you take full responsibility for any issues that is causes.that is causes.

~Thanks to MrMark for the original guide over at TIMV

This worked for me, and as I was not having the issue before 1.4.2 as has happened to most I assume that this should work for most of you. If it doesn't please post here so we can work together to figure this out.

CrewCraft

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey! If you guys are having the unknown host issue, and you are sure that you have the IP typed in 100% correct, you may be having local DNS issues.

Disclaimer: Minecraft Survival Games claims no responsibilities to third party materials, following the guide means that you take full responsibility for any issues that is causes.that is causes.

This worked for me, and as I was not having the issue before 1.4.2 as has happened to most I assume that this should work for most of you. If it doesn't please post here so we can work together to figure this out.
OMG YOU ARE AMAZING! IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Haha thanks, direct people to the guide if they have the same problem!

OrdinaryPigMan

Diamond
Reaction score

This does work. Its the 2nd time it happend. It happens if you switch from wifi to wired connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci