• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Can these spam bots be stopped?

Zoey

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello tributes, I think we all have recently seen these Korean spam bots Suzzanne1004Orvel and many more. They are RUINNING the forums and need to be stopped. I'm still surprised that no one has made a thread about this. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Seen as it's such a big deal. I think when you sign up there should be some sort of phone verification (I know that we have this already but the one we have right now is optional) Put any other suggestions below

Yannick NagolGames Chandelle Razzledgirl

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
The staff team is well aware of the issue and we are doing our best to stop it from happening. At the moment, there is no way to prevent them from occouring as they have found a way to bypass the Spam Filter. The Moderators are working constantly to move them out and report them to the Sr. Staff team. For the time being, we ask for your patience while a permanant solution is found. We apologize for the inconvinience and the staff team will continue to deal with this as we see them.

FRATTA

Gold
Reaction score
I have already write a post like your but no one read xd anyway i agree

NagolGames

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ / ʀᴇɢɪꜱᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ɴᴜʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
The staff team is well aware of the issue and we are doing our best to stop it from happening. At the moment, there is no way to prevent them from occouring as they have found a way to bypass the Spam Filter. The Moderators are working constantly to move them out and report them to the Sr. Staff team. For the time being, we ask for your patience while a permanant solution is found. We apologize for the inconvinience and the staff team will continue to deal with this as we see them.
^^^
This is all completely true. We do our best when it comes to removing them, however no matter how good the spam filter may be, they will always find a way to bypass it. That being said, until there is a fix for it made by Xenforo themselves, we will continue doing our best in removing them from the public view as quick as we can.

If you see one, feel free to hit that 'report' button and report that post/thread for the reason of "Spam bot" and a Sr. Staff member will be able to handle it accordingly.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. We understand how annoying and obnoxious they are. Don't worry!

NagolGames

Friiday

Experienced
Reaction score
I agree I have noticed these bot's around the place, easiest thing to do is just report them haha! :)

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
But what good would that do us? They are BOTS they come back no matter what.
It let's us see it. We can't handle them if we don't know they are there. Like NagolGames and I both stated, the only fix for the time being is the staff team mandually dealing with them. As you want them removed, you can help with that by reporting them as you see them.

Zoey

Platinum
Reaction score
I think we should start IP-Banning on the forums.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
I think we should start IP-Banning on the forums.
I'm not entirely sure how the banning process works so it's possible that is already the case, but it's more than likely that the spam bots are using a multitude of different IPs anyway.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ha, I remember when spambot attacks happened several times a week. I'm sure they'll get taken down fast enough if you report them, there's a boatload of staff around these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci