• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Blue Snowball Microphone Issues

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hi!

So, today I logged into TeamSpeak, and my microphone didn't work. I unmuted it, spoke, and it did nothing (the little blue dot didn't turn light blue XD).

I restarted my computer, and now the dot turns color as if I'm speaking, but everyone says they can't hear me at all.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Yesterday the mic was working perfectly fine, and now, it doesn't work at all.

I use a Mac, and the Blue Snowball is just the USB stand-up kind.

Any help is much appreciated as I'd rather not buy a new mic XD

Cern

Platinum
Reaction score
I have the same mic, and have encountered this before. Just go into your Teamspeak settings to make sure the microphone linked is the Snowball, and/or unplug the microphone, not the USB cable, for 30 secs - 1 min. If neither work, look up a tutorial I guess? Maybe the mic is broken, and you can probably call in for a new one.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I have the same mic, and have encountered this before. Just go into your Teamspeak settings to make sure the microphone linked is the Snowball, and/or unplug the microphone, not the USB cable, for 30 secs - 1 min. If neither work, look up a tutorial I guess? Maybe the mic is broken, and you can probably call in for a new one.
Ok, I'll try that :) I unplugged it before, but not for very long. I also went into screenflow before and it didn't pick up any noise, but I haven't tried the TeamSpeak thing yet.

Thank you!

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe try to check system preferences to make sure the mic is there and active. (Not sure if this is even a thing, never had this issue on a mac) Whenever my Yeti doesn't work, I unplug the USB from the computer and plug it back in, usually this works for me. And I know this is a silly guess, but make sure you didn't accidentally mess up the sound settings in teamspeak like turning push to talk on.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe try to check system preferences to make sure the mic is there and active. (Not sure if this is even a thing, never had this issue on a mac) Whenever my Yeti doesn't work, I unplug the USB from the computer and plug it back in, usually this works for me. And I know this is a silly guess, but make sure you didn't accidentally mess up the sound settings in teamspeak like turning push to talk on.
I'll check- thank you!

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
If this all doesn't work what the previous people have said, try to use it on another computer to see if it's actually broken or just an issue with your computer.

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Follow what everyone said, everyone already said what I was gonna say :). Check your TS settings though. I can help you test it.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Check the mic on another computer. Try to determine if it's something with your computer, or the mic. If it is the mic, I would send it in, or do so more research on it.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Follow what everyone said, everyone already said what I was gonna say :). Check your TS settings though. I can help you test it.
Check the mic on another computer. Try to determine if it's something with your computer, or the mic. If it is the mic, I would send it in, or do so more research on it.
I've been testing throughout the week, and the TeamSpeak and computer settings are correct. I didn't test it on another computer yet, but since the teamspeak and computer settings are correct, I'm 90% sure it's the mic.

I ordered a new one Saturday, so that should fix it XD

(Thank you guys for your help though! I still need my mic until the new one will be here, so I'll test your ideas :) )

MultiBigTime

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't have a snowball but I have a Blue yeti, the tall one on a removable stand. And mine didn't work for a while, what I did was got another cord, because the cord was faulty. It might be the same problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci