• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Block Hitting Method?

Alloy

Experienced
Reaction score
So Recently I have been noticing a lot of people have been using the block hitting method while pvp-ing. Is there anyone that could give me any info about this method?

Dan,

Raawr <3

Krumblez

Career
Reaction score
I don't know why people block hit. I've tried it before and it doesn't work for me. I think what it is supposed to do is make you take less damage since you are blocking and hitting at the same time. Ask ThatOneTomahawk, he block hits A LOT.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
I don't know why people block hit. I've tried it before and it doesn't work for me. I think what it is supposed to do is make you take less damage since you are blocking and hitting at the same time. Ask ThatOneTomahawk, he block hits A LOT.
Same here, I think it just handicaps you in PVP, to be honest. It's never helped me, but people have their choices.

Alloy

Experienced
Reaction score
Yeah, That's where i saw it. I'm not sure what it is meant to accomplish but it seems to work for him :D

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
Block hitting does not work in my opinion.
Yes, you're able to block while you hit.. allowing you to take less damage..
But you're also hitting less, so you're dealing out less damage.
They cancel eachother out.

Also, you're muchh slower while block hitting. Not able to run so you won't be able to get any critical hits.

Players are able to run around, strafe and catch block hitters on fire much more easily.

I find them muchh easier to kill

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Block hitting is much more effective than regular hitting when you hit straight on.
I hit the buttons simultaneously.
However, wiser than this strategy is something I call ninja. It's when you run infront of, behind, and all around your opponent, hitting them as you do so. It gets them mixed up and you get plenty of hits, this doesn't work well on hackers though.

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
I block hit, mainly because I can do it effectively. I just spam the left and right click simultaneously. I usualy win most fights if I'm block hitting.
As for its benefits, it slightly increases the hit speed since the block is cancelling the hit animation and is being closely followed up by another hit. It also halves the damage you take and still deals damage if you do it correctly.

MyNameIsPreben

Survivor
Reaction score
Well,First i didn't use block hitting but when i start using it my bounty rised really fast

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Blockhitting can be OP but rarely imho, Only blockhit in certain scenarios(ie when you cant strafe). Often a good strafe > Blockhitting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci