• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Block Damage Indicators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
I honestly don't know why this hasn't been done yet.

From the Damage Indicators forum thread:
Want to disable people from using damage indicators? Now support MOTD based disables. This only works with welcome messages, which vanilla is incapable of. If you have a forge server, use the forge mod and disable from the config, if you have a bukkit server, and just want to globally disable some feature, this is how:
The way to disable damage indicators is exactly the same format as Rei's Minimap. I chose to use the same standard to save space in admin's server MOTD length.Anywhere in the motd, you will need a 'prefix' followed by 'option' followed by 'suffix', no one will actually see this.The prefix must be &0&0 and the suffix must be &e&f.
There are 2 options:
Disable Mousovers: &c
Disable Popoffs: &d
The options &c and &d are not used in rei's minimap and can be merged with those options. If the above confuses you here are three examples:
Disable Popoffs: &0&0&&d&e&f
Disable Mouseovers: &0&0&c&e&f
Disable Everything: &0&0&c&d&e&f
If you also have rei's minimap options in your motd, just add the options above to it, before the &e&f of course.

Other networks like Badlion have blocked this mod already, so it is clearly possible.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
The network does block damage indicators, if I recall correctly. Xime will automatically ban if it intercepts a message that the mod automatically sends out.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
The network does block damage indicators, if I recall correctly. Xime will automatically ban if it intercepts a message that the mod automatically sends out.
Really? I accidentally logged into the network around 5 days ago with the mod on (I was playing on a network that allowed it and forgot to switch versions) and I didn't get banned and the mod functioned properly.

Sawk

Diamond
Reaction score
Really? I accidentally logged into the network around 5 days ago with the mod on (I was playing on a network that allowed it and forgot to switch versions) and I didn't get banned and the mod functioned properly.
We're talking about Xime, it is supposed to do many things that actually doesn't do.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
We're talking about Xime, it is supposed to do many things that actually doesn't do.
First of all, Xime does a lot of what it's supposed to do. It blocks regeneration, better sprint mod, detects possible kill aura and no-knockback. Also, regarding damage indicators, it blocks some versions of it, not all.

Battey

Career
Reaction score
Delete my post, cause that makes alot of sense and with that, you're just proving my point.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Battey If you think a moderator is not doing his job correctly please report them to a sr.staff member. I know for a fact that Scott is a very hard working mod who works tirelessly to help the community. The thing is, even if we agreed with everything you said, we are only mods, and we can't control what is added or removed from the network.

From now on we are going to stay on topic and not bash the people who volunteer their time for the community.

Battey

Career
Reaction score
Battey If you think a moderator is not doing his job correctly please report them to a sr.staff member. I know for a fact that Scott is a very hard working mod who works tirelessly to help the community. The thing is, even if we agreed with everything you said, we are only mods, and we can't control what is added or removed from the network.

From now on we are going to stay on topic and not bash the people who volunteer their time for the community.
I already discussed this with Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci