• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/block Command

/block - A good idea or no?

• Very good idea!

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • I'd rather block you for creating this thread.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I can't read

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
People could easily take advantage of that. Maybe only Mods or higher could have access to that command?
I don't see how people could take advantage of it. Plus it was for the normal players + donors.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
The problem with this is that if you block a player that is breaking the rules then you can't get evidence to get them banned.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
I can get behind this, provided Moderators could not be blocked.
Yeah, well I forgot to mention staff members don't get blocked. :p
The problem with this is that if you block a player that is breaking the rules then you can't get evidence to get them banned.
True, but if necessary, maybe another player could report?

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Great idea, only thing I can think of is that it would make them be unable to report them. But that's were mods would come in and catch them trying to abuse them.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
I always spam the /ignore command on other servers, only problem I see is with the strict rules here, reporting someone would accomplish the same thing.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You can't really expect someone else to report them, considering most people don't even know you can report players.
Exactly. If you can report you'll get evidence before blocking; if you don't know how to report, it doesn't matter.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I would also reccomend a /blocklist command to see who you have blocked. ;)
Part of my thoughts exactly ;)

To implement multiple suggestions with this, we could also have a /block all command so that could be like the /chat off that lolistwee suggested where it turns off the chat other than server commands telling you the voting options or time left and such.

Also, on the note of reporting, they are probably annoying you because they are being rude/disobeying rules. So you could screenshot it, and then ignore them until a mod deals with them so that you don't have to listen to them after getting enough evidence to report.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci