• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Donor Privileges.

Do you think this is a reasonable idea?

• Total voters

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think we should add a system that the more you donate, the better stuff you get

Diamond: Gold+Pre-game joining (No kicking for pre-game joining, just lobby kicking)
Gold: Iron+Deathmatch Viewing, and staying on during cleanup
Iron: Normal Kicking Before Match

We then will see a Lot more diamond donors, because that perk could Get you in to a game anytime.
I agree with all of this, and would actually love to see this implemented. But you (quoted person) said that gold and diamond donors would get to stay on the servers during clean up, which would completely ruin the point of it. The servers originally started restarting to reduce lag and fix a RAM issue that was happening so long ago. Having donors stay on for that would make this impossible.

Anyways, I love the idea. I would consider trying to buy gold donor for my birthday if this happened (even though it's a long way away...)! The more expensive donors have always deserved more privileges for donating more to MCSG, but there has never been an idea that was fair to everyone that came along to give them more for their help. Though the donors may not want to join a game during the death match when they could join one in the lobby, or join a pre-game without being able to vote for the map, most gold and diamond donors donate right now because they want to give a little extra to these servers.
This would be more reason to do that, and some of these people may want to join a deathmatch to spectate their friend or something like that. Or to find out when the server will be restarting so they can get on with their non-donor friend the next game. And then being able to retake an extra spot during the pre-game stage for diamond donors would be great for them. I think they would all love that and use it a lot to join games quickly. The only thing that would be annoying with this is not being able to vote for a map, but I don't think that's a very big deal because at least you get to join a server during pre-game.

Gello45

Tribute
Reaction score
First of all, calling me (quoted person) is kinda getting on my nerves.
I had a really good feeling that restarting and having donors on would ruin the restart idea, 'cause I saw a thread like this a few months back, and was just checking it could/couldn't be done now.
I'm pretty aware that people only donate gold+ because of their love of MCSG, though more people donating is better. I've seen people donate to iron that are really un-smart about the game and the people who donate Gold/Diamond are the people on the forums all the time, who are very mature people (most iron donors are good and mature too:))
Thanks for the feedback though, It really helped:)
Gello45

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind pre-game joining, but in deathmatch joining is ridiculous (unless you just mean as a spectator as both).
Yes, specing. ;P

Pre-Game could be joining as a player, but only if there are slots available. : D

Evil_Emo

Gold
Reaction score
Yeah. Deathmatch joining as a player would be.. Just yuck. :c

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
well Mods have Blue text so maybe depending what donor rank you are depends what color your text is? Make diamond purple because we all want purple text :D

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The reason the mods text is blue (I think all staff have blue text) is to make it more noticable so people can see it better which helps us get peoples attention. If every donor had coloured text then the chat would be full of colours and would defy the point of the mod coloured text.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci