• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better /disguise

alltbboss29

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is alltbboss29 and I just came up with a good idea! So many youtubers and good pvpers who are well known throughout the community get targeted. Yes I know there is a /disguise command, but the names can be a little bit obvious. So thats why I have come up with this. Basically, the better /disguise means you can choose your own name. So the command would be /disguise <Disguise Name>. This would help a lot because youtubers could change there name into something a little less obvious. And yes, I guarantee people are gonna reply to this and say, "This isn't good because people will change their name into a youtubers name". Well before you say this, maybe MCG could blacklist some inappropriate disguise names, including youtuber names and players who play MCG. I feel the ranks that should get the better disguise command are VIP, Friend, Quantum, And Platinum. So anyway guys, tell me what you think and have a nice day!

EagleMan

Survivor
Reaction score
I remember back in 2012, there was a nickname command that meant you could chose your own name. I think one name was something like 'PurpleDinosaurThatLikesDinosaursAndLikesToGoToTheMoviesWithOtherPurpleDinosaursAndEatPopcorn'.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can just see this being abused. For that reason among many others that the development team would face, I wouldn't see this being implemented.

alltbboss29

Platinum
Reaction score
I remember back in 2012, there was a nickname command that meant you could chose your own name. I think one name was something like 'PurpleDinosaurThatLikesDinosaursAndLikesToGoToTheMoviesWithOtherPurpleDinosaursAndEatPopcorn'.
Maybe they could make a limit to how long your name is like in the essentials plugin

alltbboss29

Platinum
Reaction score
I can just see this being abused. For that reason among many others that the development team would face, I wouldn't see this being implemented.
Well I said that they could maybe blacklist the names or words in names that they don't want people using

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
alltbboss29 Please don't triple post!
PS- This feature was once implemented but was removed after it was abused by VIPs.

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
And how many blacklisted names would there be? Probably a lot right?

Reaction score
There is no need to make a new disguise plugin/command. If anything, fix the normal disguise feature.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Now, let's say someone starts to dislike another player or staff member. This feature is implemented, and they could disguise as the player they dislike. They start to intentionally abuse others, or claim that they'll dos the server, in the hopes of getting that player banned or demoted. You claim that we can just blacklist names, but we'd need to black list the name of every person that has ever played on our servers. We've had over 2.5 million unique players on our servers, so that makes it a little more challenging. You also have to remember that we're still having people join for the first time, so that number will continually go up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci