• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Best Tip Thread Ever

rk9109

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello Guys!

So I've noticed a lot of tips/strategies threads providing tips for beginners, but never as many tips
for more experienced players. So this is a list of tips most of you may have never known - and your
experience level should not manner - this will help everyone! I'm a pro MCSG player (11 wins/1427
games) and I want to help players get as good as I am.*

1). Movement. To default movement control of MCSG are:

Forward: W
Backward: S
Right: D
Left: A

Now if you are a more experienced player, you might have known these game controls. And as you may
have found out, they are not the most efficient controls possible. For example, if you are trying to press
number key to access an item in your inventory, it is hard to scroll all that far! So here is my solution - set
your keys at the following letters:

Forward: T
Backward: B
Right: L
Left: A

With this format, you can easily reach most of your hotkeys!

2). Fishing Rod. Now many of you have heard of the fishing rod technique and have attempted to use it
correctly. However, a vast majority of players not only make mistakes with this technique but use it
completely incorrectly.

- Spamming the fishing rod at people is NOT the fishing rod technique.
- Knocking people into walls to catch up to them is NOT the fishing rod technique.

- Hitting people with the fishing rod to deal knockback and get extra hits that will likely help you
win the match up with ease is NO the fishing rod technique!

Surprised, huh? Well here is some information that will help you greatly - and it is ironic how few of you
will know this. The fishing rod is NOT a pvp mechanism - it is used to catch fish. Now don't be deterred at
first, fishing is a challenging skill, and you will not always catch the fish you hook. But with perseverance,
you WILL get better at fishing and will greatly boost your morale in game.

3). Food. Managing your hunger bar effectively actually plays a huge part of the game. Don't refill your as
soon as you you see it going down - wait it out depending on your situation. For example, if you are on a
big map like Kharmunrah and are unlikely to run into someone else, let your hunger bar go a little low
before refilling it. As soon as you see someone dangerous, fill up your hunger bar with high saturation
foods immediately.

On a map like SG4, NEVER, EVER keep hunger bar up - use that food as ranged weapons to throw at
enemies!

4). Chests. Here is one clever trick a lot of people didn't know, and it will probably help you tons. After you
loot a chest, you can still place items like swords and bows/arrows in it. For our purposes, lets pretend
that we put a wooden sword in that chest. Now, after you close the chest, type /trap in chat and left click
the chest (DO NOT right click it).

Now the next person to open the chest will be dealt small amounts of damage by the trapped sword in the
chest. Depending on the weapons put in the chest, different types of damage and will be dealt to the
opener. Combining items and swords in the chest can also have different affects, but I will disclose that
information if you guys show interest.

Wooden Sword: 5 damage
Stone Sword: 8 damage
Iron Sword: 11 damage
Diamond Sword: 14 damage
Wooden Axe: 20 damage (only works 1/5 times)

5). Find out good combos for your character - depending on the type of class you like to go for (tank, fighter,
assassin, etc.) For characters with good burst, never go for enemies with lots of armor - however, you can
easily kill more "squishy" enemies. Tanky enemies should always team - they are excellent for taking in
damage for the team, but are usually melee, so are not the best for making the final kill. Champions like
Caitlyn (super long range) are best for taking in the final kills.

6). Intimidation. Intimidating an enemy can have huge affects on the game. The once confident player has
now been reduced to a shell of fear, that you can easily crush - regardless of your skill! This is probably
one of the trickiest parts of this guide, and will take some practice, but in the end you will find that it is
incredibly useful!

- Say that you are Gravey4rds alternate account every 5 seconds.
- Repeatedly remind everyone that you have full diamond armor (even if you don't).
- Use the word "n00b" a lot.
- Say "lol easy" every time someone in the game dies.
- If you actually killed the person, say "OMG, you guys are such n00bs it isn't even fun!"
- If you see someone better than you, say "Not even worth taking the time to kill you"
- Every time someone else talks, say "Shut up, nobody cares"
- When you win the game, say "I quit - this is too easy"

Once you make the implementation of the above tools perfectly to maximize the enemy's fear of you, you
can easily finish them off by throwing a piece of food at them. If they still are not dead, just type more stuff
in chat, and you should be good. Now, on very rare occasions, you will find that there are people that can
resist your fear-inducing techniques - these are probably hackers, report them.

If a mod does not believe you, send them to this thread.

I hope my tips helped! Just try it out in game and you will be shocked by the difference it makes - I guarantee it! In fact, if you find that the above tips make no difference at all to your performance, I will ask you to leave because you are lying. So give it a shot - and feel free to shoot me a message if you want more helpful tips like this - cuz I have tons of more helpful information to give!

Thanks,
rinik9109

*Note: Since there may be some of you that are actually incredibly confuddled, this is a joke. Anything that you find offensive is a joke. If you find something offensive, leave this
place forever. That was a joke.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Just saying, but 11 wins is absolutely terrible for more than 1000 games. Out of 24 players in a single game, an AVERAGE player should win 1/24. You won less than 1 in 120 games. Why are you calling yourself a pro?

You're also inaccurate as to what you're calling the fishing rod technique. You're simply describing fishing itself. The TECHNIQUE is when it's used in combat, and actually takes skill to use.

CHAMPIONS LIKE CAITLYN? WHAT IS THIS, LEAGUE OF MINECRAFT? THIS IS MINECRAFT SURVIVAL GAMES. WRONG WEBSITE, BRO.

I don't even want to go over the rest of your guide. Please uninstall everything on your computer, and then smash your keyboard.

I'm not usually this mean, but SERIOUSLY? GET YOUR @#$%^ STRAIGHT.

Wait a second.

Waaaait.
I didn't read the tiny thing at the bottom.
Crap. I'm so sorry ;__;

rk9109

Survivor
Reaction score
Just saying, but 11 wins is absolutely terrible for more than 1000 games. Out of 24 players in a single game, an AVERAGE player should win 1/24. You won less than 1 in 120 games. Why are you calling yourself a pro?

You're also inaccurate as to what you're calling the fishing rod technique. You're simply describing fishing itself. The TECHNIQUE is when it's used in combat, and actually takes skill to use.

CHAMPIONS LIKE CAITLYN? WHAT IS THIS, LEAGUE OF MINECRAFT? THIS IS MINECRAFT SURVIVAL GAMES. WRONG WEBSITE, BRO.

I don't even want to go over the rest of your guide. Please uninstall everything on your computer, and then smash your keyboard.

Wait a second.

Waaaait.
Crap. I'm so sorry ;__;

Lol, I thought that my tips were so BS that it was pretty obvious that I was trolling :p
To be honest though, when I first starting playing MCSG, my W/L was terrible - it was
like 3/500. Then I got way better and its more like 100/1000 now.

And it was all thanks to those tips I listed up there. JK.

TheCornStealer

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol, I thought that my tips were so BS that it was pretty obvious that I was trolling :p
To be honest though, when I first starting playing MCSG, my W/L was terrible - it was
like 3/500. Then I got way better and its more like 100/1000 now.

And it was all thanks to those tips I listed up there. JK.
Is rk9109 your first account? :p

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Wait a second.

Waaaait.
Crap. I'm so sorry ;__;
Oh dear.

It was obvious without the epilogue.

I personally found it pretty funny :)

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Ph

Oh dear.

It was obvious without the epilogue.

I personally found it pretty funny :)
Trust me, I facepalm every time I see this thread. I would have deleted that post, but it's already been quoted, and somewhat lulzy at my fail.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I still maintain that I know a lot about the game and that I could be a hell of a lot better with a decent computer. It takes talent to get this many wins with an average of 12-33 FPS. :/

Also, if you actually do follow your intimidation "tips" then you don't know how to intimidate properly. Threatening to dunk their IRL body in a vat of battery acid so the police won't find it is better than simply saying "too ez noobs". It's a lot less emotionally degrading for the opponent too! ^_^ (( billyguy1 so THIS isn't creepy but writing love poems and roleplaying is? o_O)).

billyguy1

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I still maintain that I know a lot about the game and that I could be a hell of a lot better with a decent computer. It takes talent to get this many wins with an average of 12-33 FPS. :/

Also, if you actually do follow your intimidation "tips" then you don't know how to intimidate properly. Threatening to dunk their IRL body in a vat of battery acid so the police won't find it is better than simply saying "too ez noobs". It's a lot less emotionally degrading for the opponent too! ^_^ (( billyguy1 so THIS isn't creepy but writing love poems and roleplaying is? o_O)).
That's a bit creepy.

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
heyyyy dood thnx 4 the tipsd i mite be able to win games against Haxcxor nows ;l hahahahahahah lmaooo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci