• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Be gone stone swords at corn

Do you like this suggestion?

• Yes, I love it!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No way! I love going on a killing rampage at the corn.

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
So after around three deaths in the first five seconds of the game from stone swords received in the chests at the beginning of the game I guess I feel the need to post this thread. I believe we should remove stone swords only from the chests at the corn. They remove the aspect of strategy from the game, making it more of a luck game. This really annoys me as I like the tactics behind the game. A good fighter should be a smart one.

Let me know what you think!

Please note I did consider posting this in the chest update section but felt that seeing as this wasn't really part of the chest update I'd post it here.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
"They remove the aspect of strategy from the game, making it more of a luck game."
Opposide of this. Have you watched the hunger games movies? Corn is supposed to be a risk to go to. You don't HAVE to go to corn, if you'd like to play it save, don't go to corn.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
"They remove the aspect of strategy from the game, making it more of a luck game."
Opposide of this. Have you watched the hunger games movies? Corn is supposed to be a risk to go to. You don't HAVE to go to corn, if you'd like to play it save, don't go to corn.
Yes I know that but Survival Games doesn't exactly follow every part of the movie does it? In the movie the corn is a lot larger but in MCSG someone who receives a stone sword could chase anyone who runs away. Especially in maps like Breeze Island.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Corn is designed to be a risk. Without it, there is no real challenge or decisions to make. Stone swords add that 'risk' effect.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Corn is designed to be a risk. Without it, there is no real challenge or decisions to make. Stone swords add that 'risk' effect.
What about the rest of the game? You have to take risks throughout the game in order to win. For example the parkour chests found in most maps.

Don't go to corn then...
And miss out on items that can give you a massive advantage?

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
And miss out on items that can give you a massive advantage.
Yea, that's the risk of corn, have a chance to get good items and the chance to get killed. If this game wouldn't be luck based why don't we just give everyone full iron armor at spawn and let them fight?

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Learn to be faster at taking Corn chests

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Yea, that's the risk of corn, have a chance to get good items and the chance to get killed. If this game wouldn't be luck based why don't we just give everyone full iron armor at spawn and let them fight?
I guess your right but it is becoming too luck based. The Hunger Games was not based on luck. It was mainly based on skill and brainpower.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
The MCGamer Network's YT channel discourages players from not participating in the corn bloodbath. I hate how wussy they make players like me feel when I skip corn all the time to go on my route. -,-

Ava you're making me feel like a wuss. I must falcon punch you and Col_StaR in the throat now to retain my testosterone.

Anywho, to be pertinent to the thread topic, I do agree that stords in corn chests are a threat that must be contended with in order to keep with the spirit of the Hunger Games. Instead of removing stords from corn chests, you could just take Xime's hit detection down a notch so it's more like NCP and people don't get fricking 6 hit from behind by players with halfway decent ping. THAT would at least make stords LESS of a threat at corn when most players barely have any armor and can't withstand aforementioned 4-7 combos from behind.

Why can't you see that Xime's hit detection is on fricking steroids?!?!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci