• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Balancing the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachster

Spectator
Reaction score
This is what i hate about this, You shouldn't have to run 'lines' or put any effort into anything. You should just be able to play the game and have fun doing it.
I hate that people feel the need to set up some mlg-pro gaming approach to this.
I feel people are missing the point of survival.

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
good point... but to each their own....
I enjoy winning, in order to win you have to run "lines"
If you enjoy "surviving" or camping as Icall it sit in a tree or hide in a building and wait to get slaughtered in the final deathmatch...

thezeronumber

Tribute
Reaction score
The game is quite frankly ruined by teams and people camping the middle.

You finally manage to get onto and remain on a server for half an hour, only for you to start playing for 2 minutes and run into a group of 2-3 people, sometimes 4-5, which immediately slay you and remain together until the last man standing. These same people then sit in the middle, waiting for the respawns at night, taking everything they can get their hands on before sitting there, once again, waiting for everyone else to die so their team is guaranteed to win.

Nobody can take them on because they have a ton of items.
Nobody can take them on because they have the numbers to defend and retaliate.
It is cheap, unfair and most importantly a huge turn-off for everyone playing these games for the first time.

I don't know what can be done about teams but something has to be done because it is destroying what could be a great experience for everyone.

As for campers in the middle... There is quantity so why make it so they have a high chance of decent items too? It doesn't make any sense, especially when there is not that much risk to it. Throw in some mob spawns and make it dangerous because in a real-world scenario barely anyone conflicts in the middle over these chests due to the teams or stacked people sitting there for minutes on end.

Vercinger

Tribute
Reaction score
I really can't underline how much imbalanced the game is being when you set so that the chests have diamond BEFORE the refill.. I just had 3 games in a row, where some guy had diamond from almost start (and clearly before refill), and then he just hid and camped in mid, and when someone came near or in to corn to wait/loot mid, he would just jump out, and they would never stand a chance..

One thing is giving diamond at the refill.. another is giving it at start.. If you wanna make a serious plugin/SG-mod you seriously have to consider the OP of theese items (especially before the refill).

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You have to consider that you should GET BETTER. Just don't go to the corn. Iron swords ate 0.5% lower than diamond, its just diamond is intimidating

ALL_CAPS_KING

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree with this completely, I once had a team of 6-8 people and we would always win. (I would die though)

RansomHD

Survivor
Reaction score
This is what i hate about this, You shouldn't have to run 'lines' or put any effort into anything. You should just be able to play the game and have fun doing it.
I hate that people feel the need to set up some mlg-pro gaming approach to this.
I feel people are missing the point of survival.
I wish it was mlg

only time I ever found minecraft in anyway competitive

_dose_

Experienced
Reaction score
Its a good idea i agree, but at the same time i dont, considering every time ive taken the corn its been by myself while my friend are scouting chests,
i usually have a team of 2-3 but we never double team anyone unless they are op'd to us (Full iron and diamond sword). for example, i had a stone sword and i took out a guy in full leather and a iron sword because of how i fight (AND i wasnt lagging for once in my life lol). the games about skill, you cant change that, people will just camp the other chests that have good stuff in them, like they do the corn, its how people choose to play the survival games.
Also i think anyone with a team above 4 should get banned... i mean cmon, if you cant win with a team of 3 why go up to 6-8 like ALL_CAPS_KING

When i team, we all go our seperate ways and kill eachother so its not really a team anyways, we just give eachother stuff we dont need and then head our seperate ways :p

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
Thing is, there is a bit of skill required to win, you should know a few routes to take from spawn, Practicing with the both will greatly benefit you as a bow does more per hit than a diamonds sword(im almost certain of this), and learning how to strafe and kite can win you matches against superior equipment, stealth can get you a big advantage. like all games worthy of competition skill is must. A diamond sword only does half a heart more than iron, though it is an advantage it can easily be over through with cunning and skill in combat.

Yes i think the corn is op compared to the outer chests because people rather stay away from it letting one or more player camp it without fear of constant attack, which is what it should be to make it balanced(under constant attack). The risk is not great enough to justify the reward:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci