• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Awesome Idea worth reading: Lightning Feature part 2 -ErinEquinox

Is this a good Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • This needs more brainstorming and improvement.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

ErinEquinox

Survivor
Reaction score
Okay first of all, this idea is good but maybe a little too much. The first situation I can think of has already been addressed by And also, what happens if someone falls into a hole with no way out, are they just supposed to die there? This would make maps with traps like that, (Almost every map) have a useless trap. These traps are not meant to kill you, they are just there to prevent you from getting anymore chest.

And this feature in general is used by many other survival games servers instead of Deathmatch, they simply use lightning to guide players to each other. This in my opinion makes the games go slower. Also, those servers make it so lightning cannot kill you. I guess it would be okay if there was lightning that did no damage but still hit a player.

Another problem I see is that teams would become even more overpowered. Teams could hold down spawn and make it very hard for someone to stay in spawn to avoid the lightning. The way it is now, you can drag teams out of spawn and pick them apart one by one. But if you were forced to stay in spawn, you have less room to work with in killing the team. The easiest way to kill a team is in a large area where they can get separated, not in spawn where you can't run(or else you take lightning damage)

This is true, but it is also true without the lightning. Just because lightning is striking will not motivate you to punch a guy in full iron. And if you have full iron diamond sword, you will chase down someone regardless of what happens, lightning or not.

Okay, you may be thinking to much into this, the only "psychological" effect that this would have on me is to get in spawn no matter what. Maybe this is what you are trying to do, but it ruins the game for me. What happens if I am still going on my chest route, what if I have two diamonds and no time to reach a crafting table. This would ruin the flow of the games. To be honest, this idea is not bad at all, but I still think that it should not be added.

My proposal to this idea would be to have lightning strike after there have been no kills in a certain amount of time. For example, if someone died, then there were no kills for about 3 minutes, lightning would strike every player, dealing no damage but showing there location to everyone.
I like Sarchikani's input! Ideas are not made to make somebody famous. Ideas are made to improve other ideas and make it better. Well done. Who here thinks a feature should be added that shows location of players with lightning after a period of time with no deaths?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci