• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Awesome Idea worth reading: Lightning Feature part 2 -ErinEquinox

Is this a good Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • This needs more brainstorming and improvement.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

ErinEquinox

Survivor
Reaction score
LIGHTNING SHOWER

Ok in my last post which can be viewed here...

http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...htning-ability-erinequinox.44257/#post-454238

I came up with a spectator feature idea that would allow spectators to strike players with lightning. Some people suggested that instead of the lightning taking hearts, it would tell a persons location, from this idea I came up with a new one...

Just like in the real hunger games explained in the books, gamemakers had lots of "feasts" in which they would offer supplies to tributes at corn aiming to draw players closer, creating a second bloodbath. This is used to make the game go faster if its too slow and less entertaining.

We already have refill however, many people are not motivated to go to corn because there are better chest routes... So.......

There should be a new obstacle, where if the game goes on for 7 minutes without more than 11 people killed, then a warning should appear in chat saying that in (x amount of time) lightning will start hitting players outside of corn. You have (x amount of time) to return to spawn or kill (x amount of tributes) to prevent a lightning shower . The lightning shower if commenced, would hit all tributes outside the corn once, ( lightning does not take enough hearts to kill somebody). And All tributes inside corn would be safe (that is of course if they don't get attacked by others there too, guaranteeing a bloodbath)

**Lightning dos not kill unless of course your hearts are very low, The lightning gives location, a quick shock, and more demand of food to keep your hunger and hearts full

Benefits:
- It makes the game faster for slower maps where not many people die easily, (ex, freeze island, teweran 1 , hell games, and bigger maps. It solves the problems of less tributes dying in bigger maps)
- This will only happen if not more than 10 tributes have died after 10 minutes of the game,
-It motivates players to kill each other off quicker before the lightning commences.
- It draws people to corn.
- Adds more choice to the player and has psychological effects on the players mind regarding the right decision and careful time management.
-The time and requirements for the lightning shower can be changed so that it doesnt happen too often, or too little.!

SITUATION EXAMPLE-

**15 tributes left , 25 minutes left...**
(lightning shower commences after 6 minutes without more than 11 tributes dead,*currently 9 tributes dead**)

IN Chat : Fellow remaining, The Lightning shower will commence in (1 minute) and strike all remaining tributes outside of the cornucopia. You have (1 minute) to return to the cornucopia or kill (2 people) to stop the shower from happening.

Tributes remaining(names) : tribute a , b , c , d , e , f , g , h , i , j , k , l

Good luck to all -

Player: Oh my gosh lightning will start hitting me unless 2 other people die in 1 minute, I have to go kill somebody, but somebody might hunt me! I have to hide! Or Should I run to corn? THis is too risky, what should I do?

^^^^ Now you can understand the psychological effects that this lightning shower has on players.

If the time or amount of players are too overpowered or pose a problem, it can always be changed... THis is why I must work with you guys to help me think of these requirements with good research on how many people usually die during the first 5-6 minutes

PLEASE PROMOTE THIS POST TO ALL MEMBERS,MODS AND DEVELOPERS, I WANT EVERYONE TO SEE THIS.

Please leave any suggestions or any new ideas that you'd like to add!

I am aware that the requirement for the lightning shower to commence might be to overpowered or too easy to bypass, if so please say so in the comments,

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah seems good, but I'm still not sure about it.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The post was really confusing. I still think I don't completely understand the idea, but I have a basic understanding of it.
It seems kind of unfair. What if it's a really big map and nobody can find each other, like SG3 or SG1 where people go island camping? They wouldn't be able to make it to mainland in time, let alone find people on it.

Then what happens if the lightning starts killing everyone off? I imagine it would hit everyone at the same time, to the point where they all die? What sort of entertainment is that for the Capitol!
And not having it hit people in corn is unfair. That promotes camping, which is awful, but it also prevents people from completing their routes which would be really annoying.
I don't have time to finish this post if I have more to add on because I have to go, will finish after school :p

ErinEquinox

Survivor
Reaction score
The post was really confusing. I still think I don't completely understand the idea, but I have a basic understanding of it.
It seems kind of unfair. What if it's a really big map and nobody can find each other, like SG3 or SG1 where people go island camping? They wouldn't be able to make it to mainland in time, let alone find people on it.

Then what happens if the lightning starts killing everyone off? I imagine it would hit everyone at the same time, to the point where they all die? What sort of entertainment is that for the Capitol!
And not having it hit people in corn is unfair. That promotes camping, which is awful, but it also prevents people from completing their routes which would be really annoying.
I don't have time to finish this post if I have more to add on because I have to go, will finish after school :p
The Lightning would only hit once, it doesn't deal enough hearts to kill somebody with one hit unless you dont have much full hearts.

There wont be camping, it just promotes more people to fight at corn.

The biggest problem that this is supposed to solve is the gaming on big maps! The lightning shower will motivate people to hunt for more people which makes them kill each other off quicker! And the lightning would give peoples location off if the shower happens. It is supposed to solve the problem of less people getting killed at these huge maps.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The Lightning would only hit once, it doesn't deal enough hearts to kill somebody with one hit unless you dont have much full hearts.

The biggest problem that this is supposed to solve is the gaming on big maps! The lightning shower will motivate people to hunt for more people which makes them kill each other off quicker! And the lightning would give peoples location off if the shower happens. It is supposed to solve the problem of less people getting killed at these huge maps.
Well it's pretty useless if the lightning only strikes once. All it does is make the game go faster.
And no matter what, this will always be annoying on big maps. It will give people another incentive to try and kill people, but that doesn't mean that people will actually be able to find each other. This suggestion will be unfair in some way no matter what you do, and I don't think it's worth the time and effort to put into MCSG.

MrTheL1

Survivor
Reaction score

The lightning shouldn't hurt

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
People would just be spamming popular players and YouTubers on the servers. Also, this idea could just tell teams with at least 1 member dead where people are, and they would win a lot more easily. (Which is dumb because teams already win easily). Otherwise great idea!

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay first of all, this idea is good but maybe a little too much. The first situation I can think of has already been addressed by
And also, what happens if someone falls into a hole with no way out, are they just supposed to die there? This would make maps with traps like that, (Almost every map) have a useless trap. These traps are not meant to kill you, they are just there to prevent you from getting anymore chest.

And this feature in general is used by many other survival games servers instead of Deathmatch, they simply use lightning to guide players to each other. This in my opinion makes the games go slower. Also, those servers make it so lightning cannot kill you. I guess it would be okay if there was lightning that did no damage but still hit a player.

Another problem I see is that teams would become even more overpowered. Teams could hold down spawn and make it very hard for someone to stay in spawn to avoid the lightning. The way it is now, you can drag teams out of spawn and pick them apart one by one. But if you were forced to stay in spawn, you have less room to work with in killing the team. The easiest way to kill a team is in a large area where they can get separated, not in spawn where you can't run(or else you take lightning damage)

-It motivates players to kill each other off quicker before the lightning commences.
This is true, but it is also true without the lightning. Just because lightning is striking will not motivate you to punch a guy in full iron. And if you have full iron diamond sword, you will chase down someone regardless of what happens, lightning or not.

- Adds more choice to the player and has psychological effects on the players mind regarding the right decision and careful time management.
Okay, you may be thinking to much into this, the only "psychological" effect that this would have on me is to get in spawn no matter what. Maybe this is what you are trying to do, but it ruins the game for me. What happens if I am still going on my chest route, what if I have two diamonds and no time to reach a crafting table. This would ruin the flow of the games. To be honest, this idea is not bad at all, but I still think that it should not be added.

My proposal to this idea would be to have lightning strike after there have been no kills in a certain amount of time. For example, if someone died, then there were no kills for about 3 minutes, lightning would strike every player, dealing no damage but showing there location to everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci