• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AU location will be dropped until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

user5739485

Survivor
Reaction score
Honestly speaking as a moderator, we don't just apply for the position just to gain recognition. But because we legitimately want to do something to help the community.
saw this and didnt bother reading the rest of the post coz obviously its all gonna be a lie

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I find it hilarious how so many people are blaming ChadTheDJ for the issues when they are out of his control. The issue is with the data centre not MCGamer. He even said that they are looking into alternatives yet people just focus on the negatives. If you truly love this community you will keep playing even when the situation seems dire for you.

I used to play on an awful netbook and it frustrated me to all end but I loved the game and the community so I made it work. I even made it all the way to Sr. Mod with it. The lag was awful yet I could make it work for me and even though it was awful for PvP it was enough to do what I loved which was moderate and play the game. Winning wasn't the be all and end all.

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Interesting... People did always want an NZ region, maybe you should give it a shot?

ShazzyShizz

Diamond
Reaction score
Interesting... People did always want an NZ region, maybe you should give it a shot?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Tbh we don't need 20 servers, Even like 5 or something, It will be better than nothing.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I find it hilarious how so many people are blaming ChadTheDJ for the issues when they are out of his control. The issue is with the data centre not MCGamer. He even said that they are looking into alternatives yet people just focus on the negatives. If you truly love this community you will keep playing even when the situation seems dire for you.

I used to play on an awful netbook and it frustrated me to all end but I loved the game and the community so I made it work. I even made it all the way to Sr. Mod with it. The lag was awful yet I could make it work for me and even though it was awful for PvP it was enough to do what I loved which was moderate and play the game. Winning wasn't the be all and end all.
Datacenter is being used as the scapegoat when really it wasn't the primary problem. The real reason is that the declining size of the community meant that it was no longer sustainable. Yes there were datacenter issues, but that was just the tipping point. Chad decided that it wasn't worth trying to fix the datacenter issue since the community was getting so small anyway. If AU returns in the near future I would be shocked. There are plenty of other AU Minecraft servers operating in the region, and if MCGamer really wanted to find a new datacenter they could. The problem is that the new datacenter would have to be very cheap since AU isn't bringing in much income anymore. Ultimately, this ties us right back to the size of the community being the main problem. If the community was larger then it would be a lot easier to find a new datacenter, as the budget would be bigger. While Chad is not at fault for all of this, the fact that he continues to deny that the size of the community was the main reason is worrisome and deserves criticism. He should have written a much longer thank you to the AU players to show his appreciation, and gave them the truth rather than leaving them with false hope. However, he went with this route as it was less likely to cause drama.

Also, do please note that Chad's overall lack of involvement with the community is causing problems in all regions. He deserves some criticism. http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/prop...gagement-with-the-community-and-staff.265777/

TeeeNTeee

Survivor
Reaction score

#ChadSuckUp

Edit: Au got taken from us, so you leave. tyvm bye bye, soslolbrbg2g.

Reactions: hxq

hxq

Quantum
Reaction score
TeeeNTeee, I got this sorted, don't I c:?

hxq

Quantum
Reaction score
Well said ;), all there is left to do is get some maps downloaded and get a custom IP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci