• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ask for a "favor" from a position of weakness

Tabor473

Spectator
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago when my faction joined the server one of our members created a little mod that allowed us to encrypt chat to each other. This used a friends list and if a friend started a message with a ' then it was encrypted and the client would decrypt it. We were asked to turn it off because the apparent none sense we were spamming the chat with. So we started thinking of other ideas like that were it wouldn't matter to the rest of the community but would be nice and helpful.

One that we had was a way to make all chat white that didn't start or include a friends name. If a mod yelled out Tabor473 it would make that chat green. This was used to have interfaction chat that wasn't drowned out by the constant "Tomahawk I love you" posts.

Not within in rules

The next thing he added from my suggestion was
http://imgur.com/Thb1HEo

Not within the rules either

Basic Keybinds like set the key P to type /f home or the letter o to type /home spawner

This actually is legal I believe.
The rules states
  • Using the macros mod to bind your sprint so you do not have to double press “w” to sprint is not allowed.
Using macros to bind sprint is illegal but using macros themselves is not prohibited.

This is the line.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I crossed that line.

I kept killing my faction members in the warzone. I would be mid fight and they would come up behind me with no warning and I would murder them.
So I asked my friend from robotics who made the client if there was a way to show who was on that friendslist I mentioned earlier. So then he made green tracers track friends.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90045276/baltop.png

This was massively illegal but I didn't really think about it at the time. Do I deserve the ban I got? Ya I do and I am not going to even try to dispute it.

The only reason I am making this thread is to ask. Can the modifications to the jar above the "line" be added to the approved mods list and open to the public. The constant server chat makes auctions impossible to track and the ability to change the color of the chat would be amazing for the community.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Keybinds remind me of the Macros mod. That's only allowed for moderators to use. Henceforth, probably illegal.

Tabor473

Spectator
Reaction score
I was pretty sure it was only illegal to use the macros mod to bind sprint. ( never heard of mod before so I wouldn't know what it can do)

The rules are very specific it is illegal to use macros mod TO BIND SPRINT.
  • Using the macros mod to bind your sprint so you do not have to double press “w” to sprint is not allowed.

If I am wrong than imagine in your mind that keybinds is below the "line". Can auction and friendly chat filter be added?

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I was pretty sure it was only illegal to use the macros mod to bind sprint. ( never heard of mod before so I wouldn't know what it can do)

The rules are very specific it is illegal to use macros mod TO BIND SPRINT.

If I am wrong than imagine in your mind that keybinds is below the "line". Can auction and friendly chat filter be added?
The macros mod binds keys to text, not actions. Basically, you can program one button, and hitting it would type, "Please don't spam." That's essentially what the mod does. You can't bind keys to actions. It basically makes it easier for moderators to warn people about their actions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci