• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Another TeamSpeak issue, with mic now

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
So my microphone works fine, it works in skype and other programs, but it doesn't work on TS. My mic isn't muted or deactivated, and it's not only on the MCGamer channel. When I try to test if it's a sensitivity issue, the bar doesn't move at all so it's not getting picked up. It's on voice activation detection, not push to talk or other things. Not sure what the issue is, I've tried unplugging the mic and plugging it back in, to no success. My TeamSpeak does not seem to like working this weekend... Google doesn't help, it seems people have been having the same issues but they all have these weird solutions that involve messing with things on the computer and such. I might look into something like that eventually, but I'd like to know if anyone else has any help for this issue. So anyone know how to solve this?

WeiBeX

Platinum
Reaction score
I had this issue once, it was kinda funny and sad at the same time. I had my moderator interview and my mic on the headset stopped working and because I have a laptop, the default mic was working which was absolute crap and the Sr.Staff couldn't understand a thing I was saying and even worse then in the middle of the interview I was getting packet loss and I couldn't hear what they we're saying, they we're robots... It was the saddest day of my life. I got declined because of that. ;_;

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
I had this issue once, it was kinda funny and sad at the same time. I had my moderator interview and my mic on the headset stopped working and because I have a laptop the default mic was working which was absolute crap and the Sr.Staff couldn't understand a thing I was saying and even worse then I was getting packet loss and I couldn't hear them... It was the saddest day of my life. I got declined because of that. ;_;
That seems strange. If it was lag, why didn't they/you ask for a reinterview?

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Did you try turning it off and on again?

No, but seriously, restarting your computer might help. Is it a USB headset, a single jack or a dual jack headset?

If you have another port to stick it into, try swapping it to that one.

I haven't had this problem, but you might have to follow the complicated solutions other people give.

Get some more research before you mess around with your computer though :)

Auroraty|Kristie

District 13
Reaction score
Make sure your capture device is set on your microphone. I have the same problem every time i switch mics.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Did you try turning it off and on again?

No, but seriously, restarting your computer might help. Is it a USB headset, a single jack or a dual jack headset?

If you have another port to stick it into, try swapping it to that one.

I haven't had this problem, but you might have to follow the complicated solutions other people give.

Get some more research before you mess around with your computer though :)
There is no other port for the mic, and it's a dual jack headset. I haven't restarted my computer, so I'll try that next. After that I'll try reinstalling TS.
Make sure your capture device is set on your microphone. I have the same problem every time i switch mics.
It is. It's always on Default, and that's always just been whatever is plugged in. It never changes. The only other option is the mic I think is built into the computer.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Update: I've finished restarting my computer and reinstalling TeamSpeak, and neither solved the issue.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Another update: So I ended up being in a skype call and TS at the same time, my mic worked in TS when both were open. It's weird.

Bredinabox

Experienced
Reaction score
So...it finally comes down to this :p. Should have listened to me earlier HalfSquirrel xD. Considering that I have failed to successfully get my mic up and running on many different Team Speak server's, I'm assuming it's not MCSG's fault it's probably Team Speak's fault. I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks. I've tried everything such as switching servers, adjusting the sensitivity settings, changing my gain on my mic etc, however; it still does not work ;(. Send halp plz. it still works on Skype though...:p

Another update: So I ended up being in a skype call and TS at the same time, my mic worked in TS when both were open. It's weird.
I've tried this too but it still dosent work :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci