• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Another genius Suggestion by Idlib....

Status
Not open for further replies.

idlib

Tribute
Reaction score
I mean that would work perfectly, but let's say i got my friends and i could just abuse that command, and you kick innocent people haha! And i really don't know if there is any plugins against that.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Well hopefully the new mods will come and help with this. But you seem like a guy that wouldn't do something like that, seeing as you made this thing. And maybe it could be like 10 people, because nobody is gonna have that many friends on at a single time, on the same server.

sovca

Tribute
Reaction score
Plus, even if they had just 3 friends on, that's still a great help, and if someone tries to report them, there's 3 people that won't /witness against them.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Somebody could spam reports from ingame so much so that it could lag the hell out of servers and crash the website

Nistune

Tribute
Reaction score
The problem I can see with this is, people can cry hacks whenever they get beaten, or when they are just trying to get someone banned. You are expected to report on the forums so you can provide proof with screenshots and videos, you wouldnt be able to provide proof with an ingame command.

In saying that, there is a plugin that does that:
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...2-11-0-report-rule-breakers-1-2-5-r2-0.30465/

However I still think the database would be flooded with false claims with no evidence behind them..

Buuut, I know there are plugins such as http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/helpmeadvanced/ that lets you message mods and admins while they are online so you dont have to tell the whole chat when you suspect something. Problem is there isnt a mod or admin on most servers yet ;P

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
That's why we could add something that makes it so that you could do /witness name or something and if like 10 people agree, then the person gets temp banned for 24 hours. After that, the mods + can check the recent reports and accepted reports, and if they find it necessary they will ban the person. Anyone agree? It could be like /report NAME (REASON) [SERVER] Time and then the witness thing.

Nistune

Tribute
Reaction score
No I really dont agree squirrel. Banning powers are left with mods+ because it would be very easy to get multiple people banned just because people claim they are hacking. I have seen a lot of false claims made by people on the server that have turned out not to be true. I have had a few people say I was hacking by having one of my dead team mates tell me where people are...Mods are there to decide who gets banned and who doesnt for a reason. What happens when it was a false claim? When people who have broken no rules get banned all over the place?

tl;dr Vote banning is a terrible idea ;P

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
How about kick? it will then take them a while to get back on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci