• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Alter the Swearing Rule

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not here to argue that the rule against swearing should be removed, but I think it should certainly be altered. I don't mean ingame because I get that Minecraft is a game directed towards a younger audience and there is a younger audience playing on the network, but I think there should be much more leniency on the forums.

I don't mean we should necessarily allow some of the worse words such as the f word because for one, it's one of the worst ones you can say, and nobody can really say it's part of their dictionary. Nobody is ever taught to use the f word over "what the heck" or "freaking." Meanwhile, some people actually grow up learning poop and butt as secondary words to there slightly worse counterparts. Also, racial slurs should not be allowed, for obvious reasons, I don't think I have to go too far into detail about that one.

Now the reason I think this should be allowed on the forums is because there is an older audience here. Technically, you're required to be at least 13 to even make an account, so isn't that bypassing the rules? Here on the forums, you're expected to be a teenager, and tell me a teenager who isn't aware of the many swear words out there. Just a suggestion, please mods, bring this up at the next meeting. There, I said it for you.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Idk when it comes to popular servers, you have to be strict on what is allowed to make the server not seem like a bundle of mess. People don't appreciate some of the words being said to them that are filtered so removing some very few filtered words could make a group of people very upset. Changing rules can be iffy so I'm 50/50 on this.

Upward

Platinum
Reaction score
I can see where you are coming from with this. It's a good topic for sure, and I feel like it should be discussed, or at least understood by more players.

Yes, technically you must be 13 to sign up for the forums, but you know how people are. People are constantly lying about their age to get onto certain websites (mostly social media). The forums are public. You do not need an account to view the threads/topics that are on the forums. So, even if all the members are 13 and up, there are still younger members of the community coming onto the forums to just simply "look". Let's just say that everyone that has a forums account is 13 years of age or older (just as an example). 13 is still a very young age to be exposed to that kind of language. Now coming from an adults point of view, you wouldn't want you "innocent" 13 year old son/daughter to be exposed that language like that.

I get it, its said at schools by almost every teenager. I've gone to elementary schools to pick up my little sister/cousin and I hear these 9-12 year olds cussing up a storm. Kids now a days, cuss more than I do. I just do not agree with kids being exposed to this kind of language on the internet or in real life. Its just not acceptable in my opinion.

I strongly agree with the filter we have here on the forums due to the fact that there are a lot of younger members/viewers.

Bradyy_

Tribute
Reaction score
I can see where you are coming from with this. It's a good topic for sure, and I feel like it should be discussed, or at least understood by more players.

Yes, technically you must be 13 to sign up for the forums, but you know how people are. People are constantly lying about their age to get onto certain websites (mostly social media). The forums are public. You do not need an account to view the threads/topics that are on the forums. So, even if all the members are 13 and up, there are still younger members of the community coming onto the forums to just simply "look". Let's just say that everyone that has a forums account is 13 years of age or older (just as an example). 13 is still a very young age to be exposed to that kind of language. Now coming from an adults point of view, you wouldn't want you "innocent" 13 year old son/daughter to be exposed that language like that.

I get it, its said at schools by almost every teenager. I've gone to elementary schools to pick up my little sister/cousin and I hear these 9-12 year olds cussing up a storm. Kids now a days, cuss more than I do. I just do not agree with kids being exposed to this kind of language on the internet or in real life. Its just not acceptable in my opinion.

I strongly agree with the filter we have here on the forums due to the fact that there are a lot of younger members/viewers.
I agree with the statement quoted. There is an older audience on the server and forums, but there is always that presence of a younger audience. So respecting that fact, I believe the filter should stay. I am apart of servers with hardly a filter at all, and the forums and server can be described as vulgar because of it, influencing everyone apart of it.

Having this filter also influences the chat and conversations in many positive ways. It adds professionalism and keeps it more clean.

Last edited:

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
The filter is fine.
The main matter in my eyes is the "filter bypass"
I think they should fix that (example; saying Ph instead of F for the F word).

Conclusion: Filter Bypass, they need to fix that.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you were getting at with this thread. You state that you want the rule to change, yet you fail to specify exactly what would be allowed, what wouldn't, etc. Could you clear this up for me?

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you were getting at with this thread. You state that you want the rule to change, yet you fail to specify exactly what would be allowed, what wouldn't, etc. Could you clear this up for me?
I don't really care what's allowed, I just think people would stop getting banned for bypassing the filter here on the forums if there was more leniency.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci