• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Alt spamming maps! Why?

Should alt spamming be bannable/ a reason to delete the thread?

• Both!

• Just bannable

• Just thread deletion

• neither, it's perfectly fine to do this

Results are only viewable after voting.

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
So many a map I have looked at in the finished maps recently all have something in common. the pages of the maps are filled with comments made my accounts that have only ever made one message, and that is the message they leave on the map saying something such as "I love this map!"

Like what. All I'd really like to know is if this is bannable/thread deletion worthy, because if it isin't it should be. You can use alts to your advantage in a game, why should you be able to on here?

A great example of this is green grass:

http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/green-grass

I made a fairly long comment on page 7 highlighting all the accounts that had commented on that thread that looked suspicious, and there was a lot of them.

So what do you think of all this?

Darkyy

Experienced
Reaction score
Mind ur bussiness, the alt spamming doesn't help them get accepted at all, it depends on how the map looks, and in this case, it looks amazing and looks like it will have good gameplay. In clonclusion, no it should not have consequences in my opinion.

Last edited:

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
Mind ur bussiness, the alt spamming doesn't help them get accepted at all, it depends on how the map looks, and in this case, it looks amazing and looks like it will have good gameplay.
get off my thread please

Darkyy

Experienced
Reaction score
get off my thread please
Lol "Should alt spamming be bannable/ a reason to delete the thread?"

Just answering the question you wanted to be answered... No need to get butthurt

CarlyDolan

Survivor
Reaction score
Okay, My view of this "Alt Spamming" I don't think the thread of the map deserves a removal. Maybe for the alt accounts constantly spamming on threads for likes or other things. People probably do think that the positive comments make a difference whether it gets accepted or not which is really not the case. The constructive comments that the maps get, improve the map if the builders decide to.

I do highly agree with you though on the alt accounts spamming though but then again would that just be an administrators job to remove the alt spammer accounts or the senior mods? You also have to think of that as well.

Last edited:

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
I dont think you should be punnished for alt-spamming your own maps, as it is childish and gives your map an disadvantage compared to other maps. Locking the thread however seems fine to me.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
As Darkness_bolt123 said, it really doesn't make a difference. One or two comments isn't going to help the map get accepted. You'll notice that most maps that get accepted have at least 8-9 pages of positive comments, so it really doesn't matter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci