• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

allow the word

Status
Not open for further replies.

3PR

Spectator
Reaction score
The word is considered severe profanity, and will never be allowed anywhere on the network. The swear filter is there for a good reason.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
By the way, you said 'Good' instead of the actual word. It got filtered. xD

Personally, I don't think so. It'll just open up doors for more people to abuse others and be nasty in chat.
If they want to rage, they can do it away from the game - throw their mouse, keyboard, maybe even computer. Kick a cat, burn a few papers, but they should not abuse another player.
(I'm kidding about the throwing stuff/kicking cats/burning papers, it was for emphasis. MJM239)
I was summoned.

Reaction score
So your not going to allow the word "Sh1T" but you are going to allow the words that can be offending other players mentally and physically , if your not going to allow that word, might aswell not allow "Mom", "Da" and etc. Becuase they are more offending then "Sh1t" if they are used in the wrong context....so I'd say block both, there are many words that havn't Filtered...Espically very bad ones. Plus your talking about the new generation of kids that ALLREADY know most of the curse words used in everyday life.

I don't see why you would stop all of this profanity if there's words even the staff don't know if that can be taken offensively. I personally think that the swear filter is not needed at all, as there's no point in stopping people cursing...if your going to stop people from doing a certain action/course or objective, they're more likely to do that as it's not allowed... Same goes for any other offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci