• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff All Ranks with Descriptions

Elebits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Do they still give out VIP to map builders..? Also, how often are maps accepted/put into the rotation?

I'm thinking about submitting my map

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Do they still give out VIP to map builders..? Also, how often are maps accepted/put into the rotation?

I'm thinking about submitting my map
Yep. Maps are added about every few months. If I'm not mistaken you can have up to 5 other people that helped on the map get VIP, I'm not sure if that counts the leader or not.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Should we add the gray rank into the thread for the rankless?

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
nice thread Christian. Hopefully people will be less ignorant and stop with the "UMG TOO MENNY HAKRS MODS DON DO THR JOB" and the "WUTDAHEK SENYR MODZ DON DU NUTHNG" there are too many of these...

StanMiniShow

Career
Reaction score
As friend rank is no longer on the server, I think this post should be updated. c:

ImToxic21

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gentleman, Ive noticed that a part of the community does not know what the staff does, and how they operate, and with the notion of open-ness in mind, and attempting to reconcile the community with the staff, I wanted to take a moment to describe each staff role, and how each operates. As well, if your interested in becoming staff, this is what your signing up for. I wanted to thank Lively for drafting up the first copy of this thread for me! I appreciate it bro, means a lot. (Please note that these are descriptions, not the staff standards. One cannot hold a staff member to this.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friend: Friend rank is given to a few types of people. The first is retired staff. To honor and thank the staff who have always tried their hardest to help the community, staff members who have recently retired are given the friend rank. This is likely subject to change in the future. The second type of people who are given the friend rank are the family of the Administration and Sr. Staff. The last type of people who are given the friend rank are those that the Administration see as close friends.

VIP: VIP is given to users who have greatly helped the server in certain ways. When a map is accepted into MCSG, four builders are given the VIP rank. If a YouTuber who consistently uploads MCSG content and has a high subscriber count are also given VIP. This is because these YouTubers bring a lot of people to the servers, as they want to play with the YouTuber. People are occasionally commissioned by the MCGamer server to do artwork for the various aspects of the community. These users are then given VIP for their work.

Moderator: Mods are the backbone of the staff team and Moderators are our first line of defense against hackers, spammers and trolls. Moderators are expected to hop from server to server, keeping an eye on players, making sure they're following the rules, and playing fairly. They are tasked with punishing players who break the rules, thereby making it a fun environment for regular players. Moderators may sacrifice some of their time in game to investigate reports of people hacking, harassing other people, etc.... They are also tasked with dealing with simple problems in Teamspeak (Spam-Switching channels, abuse, etc ). And lastly, they are tasked with making sure the forums are free of abuse or harassment. Also on the forums, they have access to the report abuse section, this lets them deal with any rule-breakers that people have encountered while no mod is present. They are usually best contacted via Teamspeak, or can also be contacted through skype, or here on the MCGamer forums.

Sr. Mod: Senior mods are responsible for hiring staff for the community, as well as a variety of other tasks, including handling moderator applications, and ban disputes. They also deal with problems between a player and a moderator and inter-staff issues. They often work behind the scenes and are usually not credited for their work. Senior Mods also assist the admins with anything needed, and sometimes can act as dignitaries between Moderators and Admins. Senior mods are hired from within the current staff team. They are promoted for their hard work, dedication, and trustworthiness. They frequently act as the go-tos for various projects, and often take leadership roles within the staff team.

Admin: Administrators are the heads of the community. They control most everything. Admins are responsible for every major aspect of the community: the teamspeak, the forums, survival, creative, etc… Each admin has a specific job. They also all have the common-place job of maintaining servers, and doing anything necessary. Admins are ChadTheDJ's best people, and work tirelessly for this job, and they do their absolute best at it. They are generally not appreciated for their work, as they do a lot of the behind the scenes work that usually entails: edits to the hub, leading projects, keeping staff morale up, and countless other things. It is also required that at least one admin must be present when a moderator interview is taking place. Admins often commission staff to help them with various projects. Each admin is promoted from the current pool of sr. mods.

Developer: If mods are the backbone of the staff , then the devs are the brains. They are responsible for everything you see here today. The developers are responsible for every single aspect of the server plugin, making all servers work properly, adding new features and addressing bugs that are reported. They created the Survival Games plugin from scratch, and they maintain it by working out any bugs that people find. They are responsible for keeping the servers playable. They also were the ones who created our IRC network, and they helped shape our forums. Likely the most critical members of staff, as without them, none of this would exist.

Owner: Chad is the owner. His decisions are final. What he says, happens. Chad deals with issues with donations, including Chargebacks and all of the other legalities when it comes to running the servers. He also pays for the servers with the help of your donations. He as well acts as manager for the staff, helping us aspire to be the best that we can. He also, as previously stated, has the final word when it comes to decisions. He created this server and runs it. He is also in charge of deciding what players will get VIP from YouTube, and other such things. Chad is as well head of all of the staff, and guides the community in its direction, doing everything he does for the good of the community.
this is really helpful for anyone who is new to mcsg! good job CAm :D

Aedrift

Career
Reaction score
Very helpful for new members. Great idea. Also the thread looks pree great. :D

razlev

Spectator
Reaction score
This thread is really useful for new members! Thank you for bringing this up! You used a really good colour choice!

Subtract

Platinum
Reaction score
Glad to help out in this thread with the Donator section! Enjoy :D

Skellie

Experienced
Reaction score
If I were a diamond donor, I would be a 300 carat diamond, so I would be more valuable then the platinum donors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci