• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Alert On Leaderboards

xElisehx

Experienced
Reaction score
You don't go up ranks for kills, you go up ranks for wins so this wouldn't happen.

He said that you would only get an alert saying what your new rank is, not saying every person you passed.

I like this idea :) I think for someone that doesn't like to visit the leaderboards often, it would be pretty useful :)
yes you do poepl with the same amount of win get seen on kills

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
yes you do poepl with the same amount of win get seen on kills
Oh I didn't know that. I still don't think it would spam your alerts that much, and if it does spam your alerts you probably aren't using the forums so much so you don't get message alerts, and it won't really be that bad. I still want this :)

Iced94

Survivor
Reaction score
This is why I have my signature on, so I can easily just look at one of my posts and see what my rank is, but I guess it would be a cool idea as long it just says your new rank and doesn't spam you.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
No people with the same amount of wins get put up based on how many points they have. So basically if you don't win, you die. If you're good enough for the number of points you have it will balance out so you lose the number of points you gain unless you're experienced.

Iced94

Survivor
Reaction score
No people with the same amount of wins get put up based on how many points they have. So basically if you don't win, you die. If you're good enough for the number of points you have it will balance out so you lose the number of points you gain unless you're experienced.
While this is true I don't see how it has any contribution to this thread at all?
It is just a neat little reminder of where you are on the leaderboards, it doesn't really concern the fact that if your good enough your points will balance out... Seems a bit off topic. But you are totally right about it though.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yeah that'd be cool..

At the start of the /records it says

Records Darkrai202

[AU ranked 9001]
Wins
Most Points, blah blah.

Not a bad idea, in general, not sure why people are instantly hating it.. (The notification bit, personally I think the ranked thing in the records would be good, but the original idea isn't half bad)

Also, if you have the same amount of wins as someone it's ranked on points, not kills.

Also2: If it sent you an alert each time you moved up a rank, it'd be nifty.. Not if it says..

Congrats! You went up to rank 9001
Congrats! You went up to rank 9000
Congrats! You went up to rank 8999
Congrats! You went up to rank 8998
Congrats! You went up to rank 8997
Congrats! You went up to rank 8996
Congrats! You went up to rank 8995
Congrats! You went up to rank 8994

If this was just points it'd be stupid.. .-.

Also3: Would sending alerts to every forum member who played and moved up a rank cause any lag? D:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci