• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Afk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mineult

Tribute
Reaction score
I think people are missing the point a bit. This plugin would NOT kick you if you were dead/spectating, but only if your character was standing absolutely still for about 10-20mins IN GAME. Well atleast that's what i think it would do otherwise Yes like Demanter said it would kick spectators and that would be pointless. :)
I agree

iPKuTomorrow

Spectator
Reaction score
people who are AFK won't survive for twenty minutes, if someone decides to be AFK, it shouldn't be a problem.
If you are hiding in the bushes or if you are AFK and exactly doing the same, It doesn't matter.

iPKuTomorrow

Spectator
Reaction score
If you were going to AFK a round, why not just leave and then find a different server when you're ready to play again?
It's unfair to others who DO want to play, as you're still taking up a slot on the server even though you're sitting out.
You may have trouble getting back into the same server, but then again there are a lot of others to choose from.
If being unable to join games is too frustrating, then either play during times which are less popular, such as weekdays or early morning/late night.
Otherwise save up and become a donator.
Exactly

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the AFK people are the bukkit issues of not unloading people on socket errors. So we will be adding some AFK tracking but we need to make it fair as staying in one place hiding is apart of the game somewhat.

iPKuTomorrow

Spectator
Reaction score
Most of the AFK people are the bukkit issues of not unloading people on socket errors. So we will be adding some AFK tracking but we need to make it fair as staying in one place hiding is apart of the game somewhat.
Yeah..... Exactly.....
(Socket, Afk tracking?)

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sometimes when I play And I go afk do something else, I forget about my game and than I died like a couple rounds because I am afk. I lose a lot of points with it :p

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
If you do that, I suggest you give the afk player a message on their screen telling them that they are about to be kicked. So if the situation comes they have some time to react and move.

Reactions: Le0

i_Z

Spectator
Reaction score
If you do that, I suggest you give the afk player a message on their screen telling them that they are about to be kicked. So if the situation comes they have some time to react and move.
Since that was an old post it was likely referring to "ghosters" people who have some sort of magical lagg so that they will seem afk to other players, they will stand still at their spawn and not move of the entire game for the ghosters all other players look like ghosts who stand still at their spawns.

It seems to be "fixed" now by kicking everyone after each game and then restarting the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci