• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Aether Hunger Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL_CAPS_KING

Tribute
Reaction score
Wouldn't a Aether survival games map be amazing?
I just think it would be a good addition to the map series.;)

Kingo

Survivor
Reaction score
The problem is, the Aether is a client side mod (I'm unsure whether it has a server thing or not) and this means everybody will have to install the Aether mod to play on the servers. This will cause a few problems... 1: people won't want to download and install the mod just to play the survival games. 2: It would cause quite a bit of lag for people, and I think we already have enough of that.
It's a cool idea and all, but it's just got so many obstacles to overcome before it could work.

Shak

Spectator
Reaction score
Aether hasn't been updated in so long also.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There is already a 'sky' themed arena that is being worked on

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
Sadly for this to happen everyone would have to download Aether.
It hasn't been updated in like, forever.
It's only for single-player.
It's 90% Impossible that everyone will have it installed.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sadly for this to happen everyone would have to download Aether.
It hasn't been updated in like, forever.
It's only for single-player.
It's 90% Impossible that everyone will have it installed.
I dont mean to rain on your parade, and i agree with everything youre saying, but 90% impossible is a statistical contradiction, and cant happen.

Felix Griffin

Tribute
Reaction score
The best you could do would be to use the world gen from it without anything else, and there's already a (very impressive) map in that style being created. I'm not sure if they used the Æther generator or not.

ALL_CAPS_KING

Tribute
Reaction score
The problem is, the Aether is a client side mod (I'm unsure whether it has a server thing or not) and this means everybody will have to install the Aether mod to play on the servers. This will cause a few problems... 1: people won't want to download and install the mod just to play the survival games. 2: It would cause quite a bit of lag for people, and I think we already have enough of that.
It's a cool idea and all, but it's just got so many obstacles to overcome before it could work.
I know, I meant a map in the sky like Skyblock with floating islands.(if the mod was on the server though it would be great)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci