• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Add SG3 to SG classic.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I would like to see SG3, as long as they fixed the tiers of the chests to what they were in MCSGv1 compared to now, where there is only 1 other tier 2 besides corn chests on it. But, before we even talk about new maps, we should let the devs fix the major bugs first.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
SG3 isn't one of my favorite maps for gameplay but it's just so *pretty*, especially with shaders. So yes. Yes to the first map I ever got full iron and a diamond sword on. :D

Tyco

Career
Reaction score
I think they should add Breeze before SG3. If they do add more maps, they're probably going to be in the order they were originally added, that is if they add more maps at all.

Upperbyte

Diamond
Reaction score
I prefer if they were to add more maps (like SG4, Holiday Resort and more)

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah SG 3 should be added especially considering some features (like voting) came after the implementation of SG 3.

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think they should add Breeze before SG3. If they do add more maps, they're probably going to be in the order they were originally added, that is if they add more maps at all.
I prefer if they were to add more maps (like SG4, Holiday Resort and more)
No. Just no. That would really kill the point of nostalgia servers, as with especially Breeze, all this "smaller maps, less survival, more pvp" thing started. So SG3 should be added, and that should be it.

Another point that just came to my mind (ok, inspired by breadman ;)) is the removal of voting. Nothing huge but we didn't have voting in the beta either, right?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
No. Just no. That would really kill the point of nostalgia servers, as with especially Breeze, all this "smaller maps, less survival, more pvp" thing started. So SG3 should be added, and that should be it.

Another point that just came to my mind (ok, inspired by breadman ;)) is the removal of voting. Nothing huge but we didn't have voting in the beta either, right?
Voting should stay. It came out at the same time as breeze, and, like said above, was therefore around before SG3. Not saying we should add breeze (though his point is a valid one), but voting was out at that time and should stay anyways because it's just such a nice feature.

I don't think Hungry Hills should be added though. It wasn't around at the time, and has too many chests, especially clusters of chests in small areas, to be a classic map.

I think the first 3 TV SG maps are good to add on the servers, and maybe Overgrown Arena. Didn't play it much though, so not sure if it's good enough to put on. I remember it came out on 48 servers when breeze came out on 24 servers, and it was a pretty large and well built map.

I also think SG classic shouldn't pass 5 total maps ever, with SG1, SG2 and SG3 staying there at all times, which leaves room for 2 community maps. I think this because it would eventually end up becoming like normal MCSG the way it is now with so many maps.

S

ShadowMasterZ

The point of SG Classic, as I understood it, wasn't about adding more survival survival maps, and more about bringing the nostalgia of summer 2012 back.

Nevertheless, I bet people would love the idea of having SG 3 or Overgrown on the servers, it does bring back nostalgia.

The only thing I disagree with and I personally think would be a step too far is adding maps such as Hungry Hills, as they weren't part of the original maps in the summer start and would basically just not make much sense anymore, since the reason, as I understood it, wasn't bringing back maps, in this case putting them on servers, which were never voted for.

Edit: Didn't see Half's post; this is my possible opinion on the thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci