• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About restarting the servers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
Now this is not a "wtf whats with the restarting" thread, i know and completely agree with the temporary restarting solution.

Now to the main point of this thread, I have noticed and heard that the servers are way more stable and have less lag now that they restart after every game, and was thinking how it would be a great idea for the servers to keep restarting automatically. Now you will probably rage at me for saying that but hear me out first. I suggest that after the ghosting problem is done and over with, we should have it that the servers restart after ever 5 or 10 games, to help with the stability and lag, while not having the nuisance of having to rejoin after every game.So basically this should keep the servers relatively stable and not anger players as much as a restarting after every game. And again this is for after the the ghosting problem, as ghosts are the main reason for the current solution of restarting after every game.

My question to you is, what do you think about this plan?

Spencerz8

Spectator
Reaction score
I really do agree. I have been on servers for 30 minutes and then when the game ends i cant even get onto the server to play because the restart.

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
1.3 will come out, it will be fine about ghosts and Good. So no restarting server I think.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
yeah ive just started today to experience a comm error that prevents me access to the game after the restart, before i could just get into a game in progress and wait for the restart then just get in. :/

edit: @ vahly :well tbh we are just assuming they can fix it before 1.3 or a bug fix afterwards.

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
yeah ive just started today to experience a comm error that prevents me access to the game after the restart, before i could just get into a game in progress and wait for the restart then just get in. :/

edit: @ vahly :well tbh we are just assuming they can fix it before 1.3 or a bug fix afterwards.
I didn't saw the "after 5 or 10 games", it can be a good idea, yes. ^^'

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With also the restarting, we notice the servers are VERY stable now. So it's doing more good and worth the minor inconvenience.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
yeah chad this is why i suggested every 5 to 10 games, becuase if you keep it at every game, people will, unneccisarily, get royally pissed. At the intervals i suggested it should still keep most of that stability. in thoery that is.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, we will do something like that soon for a more permanent solution to help cycle the flow of players.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I get the communication error all the time. The trick is to quickly edit the ip, deleting ".in" and then typing ".in" back in. The press enter and it works :D

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
glad to hear that, this idea also give a chance for non donors to get in a game a bit more easily.

anywho, Keep up the good work managing the site and servers, chad! :p

Gran678

Spectator
Reaction score
Chad, i'm sorry but I dont know how to start a forum, and I just want to ask you here a straight up, okay so I donated yesterday and I was using my donator thing today and it was working fine up until about 30 mins ago, itnow says that I am not a donor and that I can't connect to a server when it is full now, I know that you have already accept it because earlier I was using my donator status and going onto status,, I have proof that I have bought a donor status and I would either like my donor status fixed today please or could I get a full refund, thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci