• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A slight issue with the new forum update: Like-spams.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'll keep this short and simple.
Hopefully this hasn't become an issue yet, but then again, I haven't really been keeping track.

With the new option to Like comments on profile posts/statuses, it has become even easier than before for people to "like-spam" other people.
Although like-spamming isn't really against the rules, last I checked, it's still something that can greatly irritate people who try to gain likes legitimately.

Hopefully there will be a XenForo add-on (or maybe the Devs can make one) that can prevent this from happening. Not necessarily profile posts/statuses themselves, but the comments on them.
They're just way too easy to like-spam.

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
10. Do not use alternate accounts to benefit you: Using alternate accounts to benefit yourself is unfair to those who do not have alternate accounts.

• Using an alternate account to avoid or get around a ban is not allowed and the alternate account will be banned as well as the IP address being banned.
  • If you were banned for an inappropriate name, you are allowed to use an alternate account.
  • Using an alternate forum account to like your posts so you can get active member is not allowed.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
It's generally done by getting other friends to do it, not using alternate accounts.
Same result, different methods. Some people consider it an exploit.

Additionally, the rules don't state if it's allowed once you already have Active Member.

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
It's generally done by getting other friends to do it, not using alternate accounts.
Same result, different methods. Some people consider it an exploit.

Additionally, the rules don't state if it's allowed once you already have Active Member.
them damn loopholes! I think this is a sign that the rules should be updated to incorporate this. I don't even think the 'Active Member' rank is available anymore.

Last edited:

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with you fully. At the very least, you should have an option to toggle likeable comments on your profile. After all, it's your unique profile for a reason :)

Nice thread and I love how this is down to the point.

Ninetales

Survivor
Reaction score
I totally agree with you on this topic. Upon joining I instantly saw that you had the ability to like comments. This was new to me and I immediately thought that it could be used for like-spamming. If you are a well known then you are definitely exposed to such thing. It sort of takes the whole effort or making posts away. The thing that really annoys me is that this gives people more of an opportunity to get other accounts and gain an abundance of likes by simply liking a status, then comment, then life, then soul.

It's OP.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with you Alex. Since the feature has been added, I have noticed a spike in the amount of likes people have been receiving. I hope this can be nullified.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci