• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A simple, yet very effective trick

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Be happy

What? What does that mean?

Just get in a good mood. Seriously. If you're PvPing and you've got a serious look on your face, and you're just kinda bored and not really into it, you will not perform as well as you could. I realized this a few minutes ago-

I was playing on a 1v1 server. I won't say the name but a lot of MCSGers play on it. Basically I was 1v1ing this particularly good PvPer. On this server, whoever wins 3 times first, wins the whole round. It was 2-0, he had the lead. I was feeling pretty down. For some reason, at that moment I randomly thought of a funny joke from earlier and it made me smile. Also by chance one of my favorite songs came up in my playlist. I won 3 times in a row and beat him 3-2 without even really trying. (Not trying to be cocky)

:)

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally, when I concentrate, I DO perform better. I have my goal to win, and do anything to achieve that goal. The determination is what gets me to win c:

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally, when I concentrate, I DO perform better. I have my goal to win, and do anything to achieve that goal. The determination is what gets me to win c:
I guess it depends on the person

OpticFusionz_

Career
Reaction score
4st

My favorite songs to listen to while PvPing -

To the Stars - Monstercat

Flight - Monstercat

Sleepwalking - Bring Me The Horizon

Can't Hold Us - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

A Love Like War - All Time Low

I recommend these, I'm not telling you to listen to them, but I recommend listening to these.

Reaction score
4st

My favorite songs to listen to while PvPing -

To the Stars - Monstercat

Flight - Monstercat

Sleepwalking - Bring Me The Horizon

Can't Hold Us - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

A Love Like War - All Time Low

I recommend these, I'm not telling you to listen to them, but I recommend listening to these.
I listen to:
  • This Game (English or Japanese. Both are good, but I prefer Japanese).
  • Angel With a Shotgun
  • Kings Dead - Good Rebels
  • Milky Way Stars - NCS
Being happy does make performance go up because you are relaxed rather than worrying about everything. When you're down your mind is thinking of every single thing, rather than concentrating on the game.

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
This is so true. I have beat great PvPers using this "tactic". It is important to concentrate as Turtle said earlier, but staying happy when PvPing is in many ways 10x more effective (at least for me).

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be honest, everyone has a different way of playing video games, and psychologically boosting their performance, it could simply vary from listening to music to just simply being optimistic, but hacking is never the best way to go around. That is if you are desperate enough. ;P

mnbvc321

Tribute
Reaction score
I try to be in a good mood while pvping but the thing that makes me rage is getting targeted straight away :(

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
Spotify is a great music program, which I'd strongly recommend, as it barely lags your computer (of course, if you want to listen to underrated artists/songs, you'll probably have to download it)

Personally, I listen to Chet Faker - Built on Glass

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci