• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A much needed way to counter Chest Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What I can only imagine to be the most helpful banned mod on MCSG are the many modded and hacked clients that contain Chest Finder. This is especially notable when new maps are released, as I have seen before several players somewhat knowing every chest in every nook and crank of the new map. But unfortunately it is impossible to ban someone for it without the person being an idiot and posting pictures/videos of themselves using it online, or something similar in the scale of stupidity.

So how to counter it? Correct me if you're sure I'm wrong, but Hive's "crate" system, in which chests are actually retextured and modified sponge blocks (tier 1) and enderchests (tier 2) counters this, as Chest Finder only shows the location of Chest blocks, of which on the Hive are purely for decorative purposes. If Clank can code that for the Hive, can't our Devs try and work on something similar?

People might hate for bringing up opposing servers in this thread, but the fact remains that they are doing something good that MCSG isn't, and it will help MCSG significantly to counter this banned mod. Plus, I think most people know what the Hive is on MCSG anyway...

Gello45

Tribute
Reaction score
Great idea Static. Ony if MCSG had them retextured as chest blocks. Like sponge is a chest.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
If this is done, they should keep the sound of a chest opening when you open a crate. That way, I know I've opened the chest and not just sitting there wondering why it's not opening.
It's also a nice way for someone to blow their cover and you can go sneak up on them and kill them because they're too noisy when they open chests :3

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would like it if sponge blocks and w/e are recoded as chests.. And they have the chest opening sound. ;D

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Actually no, it will not work here and it doesn't work there. You do know that certain blocks can be set to render or not render? Same with piston heads, it's not limited to chests. This "counter" can be "counter-countered".

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What I don't like about crates is you can't see people open them o_O

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
It's a good idea in theory, but those chest finder users could just grab X-ray and punch in the data value for that block, so there isn't really any way around it.

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeh its a good idea in theory but there will always be away around it. You could always put loads and loads of chests under the grownd to confuse them at least haha.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeh its a good idea in theory but there will always be away around it. You could always put loads and loads of chests under the grownd to confuse them at least haha.
Nice idea. Oh well. Truth is, hackers aren't the smartest of people anyway because they think that hacking must make them better than everyone else. There may be ways around it, but it will throw noobish hackers off anyway.

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You cant see when Crates open :/
So I cant know which chest is opened yet ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci