• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Little Help Setting Up A Server?

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Okay guys, so recently I put some time into setting up a buckkit server (I really want it to be buckkit because of plug-ins) on my mac, after watching a tutorial (link in post) on how to do it, I managed to get my server up: but there's a bit of a problem. The application that allows other people to join (Port Map) Is unable to give my server a green light (It has it a red light and unmapped) with a message reading the following:

"PortMap could not communicate with your router

It seems like your current router does not respond to either UPNP nor NAT-PMP requests.

If you use an Airport Extreme Basestation, an Airport Express or a newer Apple Basestation, please enable NAT -PMP as described in the instructions you can access below.

If you use a non-Apple router (Which I do) please refer to its manual on how to enable UPNP or search the web for help".

Okay, so that's pretty much it, I have to set up UPNP on my router, so I check out my router (upstairs) and it appears that UPNP would be set up? I really don't know what to do. Can anyone please help me with this?

Links:
Video:
Help Page Listed In Port Map: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1552

T

thetruedozer

Haha! Same here, I just have my friends to the annoying work and then I get OP on their servers xD

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, it doesn't really have to do with Minecraft much, I would of put it here too.

Reaction score
It's a Minecraft server :p
We need a Tech Support and Forum Games section to tidy this all up imo >_<

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ copy your ip and paste it in the adressbar. Login and you should be able to adjust the settings. But the ip is for everyone different, the login and the settings to so you have to look at the manual of your router how to acces the settings menu. But most of the time you should be able to connect through your network ip.

Edit: I don't think you need portmap because you can also just open the ports manually in the settings menu of your router.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci