• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A change to losing points when exiting or writing /suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raufal

Tribute
Reaction score
What you were saying is that whatever did the most damage would get the kill.
/suicide should have a 5 minute time where if you /suicide, or log off, and you were hit in the last 5 minutes by a player, they get that point.
Same thing with mobs. In the last 5 minutes if that person was hit by a player, that player would get the kill.
The problem with your idea is that I could get hit a little, and then run into a creeper. Purposely. And not lose any points, as long as that creeper did the most damage.
you wouldnt be able to do that as when you write /sucide you are unable to move...ive thought of that when making this post

And this is just a suggestion so can always be changed, so lets say we change it that how much damage mobs do is irrelevant, ok. I think it should be something like that, and if not isn't 5 minutes a bit much?
lets take this:

I got fist punched a few times at corn when I grabbed a chest, I kept doing my route and during it someone punched me another few times. My health regenerates during my route and 4 minutes later, after I finish my route, I think that I dont stand a chance as i only have a stone axe as a weapon.
I write /suicide but 4 minutes ago a guy punched me so it counts as his kill and I lose points.

Or maybe a creeper blows up on me and kills me in the 4 minutes so the player gets the kill?

Or does he not and again I can just run into a creeper so he blows up in my face when someone is chasing me.

Nick Fioretti

Tribute
Reaction score
you wouldnt be able to do that as when you write /sucide you are unable to move...ive thought of that when making this post

And this is just a suggestion so can always be changed, so lets say we change it that how much damage mobs do is irrelevant, ok. I think it should be something like that, and if not isn't 5 minutes a bit much?
lets take this:

I got fist punched a few times at corn when I grabbed a chest, I kept doing my route and during it someone punched me another few times. My health regenerates during my route and 4 minutes later, after I finish my route, I think that I dont stand a chance as i only have a stone axe as a weapon.
I write /suicide but 4 minutes ago a guy punched me so it counts as his kill and I lose points.

Or maybe a creeper blows up on me and kills me in the 4 minutes so the player gets the kill?

Or does he not and again I can just run into a creeper so he blows up in my face when someone is chasing me.
I agree the 5 minutes might be overkill. I would say 1 minute is a reasonable time. But other than that, there really isn't a reason that this should happen. I agree with the whole "unable to move" idea.
The server should look into a "PVPLOGGER" plugin, since that is the same exact thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci