• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A change to losing points when exiting or writing /suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raufal

Tribute
Reaction score
A change to losing points when exiting or writing /suicide

The way it is right now : you lose some of your points if someone kills you Or he is the main damage dealer and you quit or /suicide.

My suggestion:To keep it the same when you just exit the game, but when you do /suicide you will be unable to move for X seconds and if someone kills you during X seconds they get the points and you lose them, but if they dont nothing happens to your and the killers points.
Mob kills you? if a player does MOST of the damage he gets the kill. if mob deals most of the damage then it will be as if you usually die by mobs.

I might have explained the mob part wrong if there is multiple players so i will give 3 examples

Ex1.Both the players together deal 4.5 hearts to the victim.
While a creeper hit him for 5.5 hearts.
Result: Mob kills victim no change to points except for the additional points the victim got for kills.

Ex2.Both the players together deal 5.5 hearts to the victim.
While 2 spiders together dealt 4.5 hearts to the victim.
Player one dealt 3 hearts of damage.
Player two dealt 2.5 hearts of damage.
Result: Player one gets the kill

Ex3. Both the players together deal 6 hearts to the victim.
While 2 skeletons together deal 4 hearts to the victim.
Both the players separately dealt 3 hearts to the victim.
The player dealt the last hit / was the last player to hit gets the kill

Why this change? Here is an example! (true story example)
I had to go for a minute but i forgot i was in the lobby, the game started when i came back but everyone was on their way to corn so i wrote /suicide... someone managed to punch me ONCE and i lost 50 points for it...

NOTE i know that this will be changed to 2.5% of your points but still...

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have an update that will penalize people who quit the game early as it treats it like a kill.

Raufal

Tribute
Reaction score
We have an update that will penalize people who quit the game early as it treats it like a kill.
i know and i dont like how it works, i think it should be changed but that is my opinion.

When i posted this topic i looked at the patch notes to not do something already done.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying you don't like the update that we are going to push out, or not liking it currently? EU network does not have the update just yet because we are waiting for a few bug fixes to complete

Raufal

Tribute
Reaction score
Are you saying you don't like the update that we are going to push out, or not liking it currently? EU network does not have the update just yet because we are waiting for a few bug fixes to complete
Its not as bad but... In my opinion it could be improved and its not as much the point system but the way writing /suicide kills you but if someone hit you it counts as a kill

"To keep it the same when you just exit the game, but when you do /suicide you will be unable to move for X seconds and if someone kills you during X seconds they get the points and you lose them, but if they dont nothing happens to your and the killers points."

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think the only thing we need to edit from this is a time limit, so if you didn't get hit in (example) 3 minutes/180 seconds you don't lose the points for leaving or suiciding.

Nick Fioretti

Tribute
Reaction score
No. That would mean if someone jumped off a 50 block cliff after getting punched once, that player wouldnt get the kill.
I agree with halfsquirrel much more than raufal.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HalfSquirrel, there will be a 5 minute cooldown for the last attacker. This was already planned.

Raufal

Tribute
Reaction score
No. That would mean if someone jumped off a 50 block cliff after getting punched once, that player wouldnt get the kill.
I agree with halfsquirrel much more than raufal.
wait what? how did you get that from my post ? i was talking about writing /suicide... not jumping off cliffs...

Nick Fioretti

Tribute
Reaction score
Ex1.Both the players together deal 4.5 hearts to the victim.
While a creeper hit him for 5.5 hearts.
Result: Mob kills victim no change to points except for the additional points the victim got for kills.

Ex2.Both the players together deal 5.5 hearts to the victim.
While 2 spiders together dealt 4.5 hearts to the victim.
Player one dealt 3 hearts of damage.
Player two dealt 2.5 hearts of damage.
Result: Player one gets the kill

Ex3. Both the players together deal 6 hearts to the victim.
While 2 skeletons together deal 4 hearts to the victim.
Both the players separately dealt 3 hearts to the victim.
The player dealt the last hit / was the last player to hit gets the kill
What you were saying is that whatever did the most damage would get the kill.
/suicide should have a 5 minute time where if you /suicide, or log off, and you were hit in the last 5 minutes by a player, they get that point.
Same thing with mobs. In the last 5 minutes if that person was hit by a player, that player would get the kill.
The problem with your idea is that I could get hit a little, and then run into a creeper. Purposely. And not lose any points, as long as that creeper did the most damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci