• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

''A Cannon can be heard in the distance''

Which one?

• ''A Cannon can be heard in the distance''

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • ''TRIBUTE has died''

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I liek boccas

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

xExplore

Career
Reaction score
Hello MCGamers,

I just thought i would put across a point in which i thought would be good if it was implemented back into mcsg.

A long time ago, it said e.g. ''xExplore has died'', now it says ''A Cannon can be heard in the distance''.

I think they should bring back ''xExplore has died'', because then it's easier to see who exactly has died!
Now you have to press TAB to see who died :(

I would like to see your guys opinions.

-xExplore

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I dunno about anyone else, but even if I have a Skype or text teammate in the game, tab works just fine. /l even works just as well for me as it takes no more than half a second to type it and continue on.

Plus, a cannon heard in the distance is actually the original MCSG message. It fits the lightning and thunder (which is supposed to be the cannon - duh). It fits the original Hunger Games style and meesa likeys eet.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well the "Cannon Heard In The Distance" makes MCSG more like actual Hunger Games. Also it should be a challenge to see who died by pressing tab. But you know you can always do /list or /l to find which players are alive and which players aren't

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I dunno about anyone else, but even if I have a Skype or text teammate in the game, tab works just fine. /l even works just as well for me as it takes no more than half a second to type it and continue on.

Plus, a cannon heard in the distance is actually the original MCSG message. It fits the lightning and thunder (which is supposed to be the cannon - duh). It fits the original Hunger Games style and meesa likeys eet.
Agreed

MR_eMBoY

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm totally agree about this.If u teaming with some1 and u can't talk on skype with him...U must always press tab and searching this guy in tab list...It's pretty anoying.

Ty for this toppic ;)

DoFlamingo

Experienced
Reaction score
Well the "Cannon Heard In The Distance" makes MCSG more like actual Hunger Games. Also it should be a challenge to see who died by pressing tab. But you know you can always do /list or /l to find which players are alive and which players aren't
If they want to make it like the movie they should disable Tab list and make it so that Tributes can't /list. You won't know who died o: And then at refill maybe a message saying who died? :D

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If they want to make it like the movie they should disable Tab list and make it so that Tributes can't /list. You won't know who died o: And then at refill maybe a message saying who died? :D
That's basically impossible unless the devs get a serious plugin

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
"A cannon can be heard in the distance" is not a new feature, but rather an old feature brought back from Mcsg v1 which wasn't initially added in the introduction of Mcsg v2, and although I do enjoy the nostalgia of the phrase, I also enjoy seeing who died. Maybe some type of combination of both would be nice.

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
Sorry, but you do not need to be baby-fed all the time. If you actually care enough to see who died, take the effort to search them in the tabmenu. -1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci